Subject: Where to Play Hazards rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve Yamada
United States
Louisiana
flag msg tools
Hey guys!

Loving the game so far. Had about 5 plays after receiving it in the mail 2 weeks ago.

I do have a question about the Hazards. When you get to place a Hazard, it must go on a resupply zone. Do the Faction HQ's count as a resupply zone? We have been playing that they do not, and thus cannot play Hazards on the, but I just wanted clarification.

Cheers!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis R. Chance
United States
Fishers
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Glad you are enjoying the game! Thanks for posting! As far as where to place Hazards, yes, only resupply zones. HQs are in fact resupply zones, but the saboteur cannot place them in the HQs by way of his ability--I didn't want to immediately blow up HQs when they are components for rep and scheme strategies. OTHER EFFECTS, can place them in HQs though: missions and schemes. You just cannot place hazards on mission zones.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Yamada
United States
Louisiana
flag msg tools
Fantastic! I imagine this has the potential to tighten the board up a little more. Should add to the game. Thanks for the quick response!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
shion smith
msg tools
My group usually hazzards both the clone areas by default first if it looks like anyone is going to try to win going the cloning route. It delays the military guy who can't really then start manufacturing clones till later on in the game when he's missed a night or two.

Sort of the default play, as other resources can be come by more easily in terms of contacts. Though this occasionally misfires when you turn up a bunch of missions and the one you want requires clones to pass
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Bowers
United States
Strongsville
Ohio
flag msg tools
Richard Harrow RIP
badge
Richard Harrow RIP
mbmbmbmbmb
Action Phase wrote:
Glad you are enjoying the game! Thanks for posting! As far as where to place Hazards, yes, only resupply zones. HQs are in fact resupply zones, but the saboteur cannot place them in the HQs by way of his ability--I didn't want to immediately blow up HQs when they are components for rep and scheme strategies. OTHER EFFECTS, can place them in HQs though: missions and schemes. You just cannot place hazards on mission zones.

Doesn't this allow for a game where you can hazard all the HQs and virtually deny scheme cards to everyone for the rest of the game, as most of the ways to remove hazards are in 2 of the 3 scheme decks? There should be a rule that 2 Watchdogs in an area remove all hazards from that area.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis R. Chance
United States
Fishers
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There are two contacts that provide schemes, as well as missions. If you are truly going after schemes, the Megacorp level 2 rep ability is also a steady means for schemes.

Infamy is all about adaptation. You can't have a preconceived strategy; you have to zig when someone else zags. I do not feel such a rule is necessary, as it would entail a somewhat unlikely scenario, wherein you still have means to draw schemes--some of which are more efficient than resupplying at a HQ.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Action Phase wrote:
There are two contacts that provide schemes

I can only think of the Informant. Which is the other?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls