9 Posts

Navajo Wars» Forums » Rules

Subject: Enemy expand action rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bernard Keane
Australia
flag msg tools
I'm a bit confused by the enemy expand action. Am I right in thinking that every time an outpost expands I lose 1 culture point and when it is on area 6 and cannot expand, I lose 2 culture? I am currently involved in a game where there is so much expansion that I can't keep it under control. My culture keeps getting ripped to bits.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bernard Keane
Australia
flag msg tools
Thanks Franck. So many expansion orders came at me in quick succession that I was taken aback. The Mexican scenario is tough.

It's hard being a Dine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dr. Urza, PhD of Dungeon Crawl
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
But also remember that pushing back or eliminating an Outpost also increases your Culture by 1. So if an Outpost expands, and you push it right back, there's no net effect. (unless your Culture went to 0 and it started costing you Military at 2:1) And if you can destroy an Outpost before it expands, you can actually profit, as you don't lose Culture when they're built.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bernard Keane
Australia
flag msg tools
Ah! Thank you Dr U. I missed that bit. I did not realise I could increase my culture by pushing back. That makes it a bit easier. Let me at em!

Settlements and expansion were not such a big deal in the Spanish scenario.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Grossman
United States
Grand Junction
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
It's when you have four outposts and three families that things really go south fast...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas V
Belgium
Brugge
flag msg tools

So you might want to let them expand, in order to have a net gain of culture points when pushing them back or destroying them

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dr. Urza, PhD of Dungeon Crawl
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TVG01 wrote:

So you might want to let them expand, in order to have a net gain of culture points when pushing them back or destroying them
Well, no, expanding is at best Culture-neutral. Letting them build can turn a profit if you can destroy it promptly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls