Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Wojtek Wojcik
Poland
Kraków(Cracow)
Malopolska
flag msg tools
designer
I very much like designing games but I think I prefer to play them.
badge
Metallum ... game I most proud of.
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all,

I get asked quite frequently "How to get Metallum (especially in the US)?". I decided to write down the information I've collected. Please bear in mind that although I am not associated with any of the shops/distributors below I do get royalties for the game. I am including the links here but if this is against the rules please let me know and I will remove them. If I missed some shop/distributor/option please let me know.

CANADA (US?)
Canadian online board game retailer Board Game Bliss is carrying Metallum: direct link. This might be the best option for Canadian and US players at the moment.

US
Game Surplus online retailer was carrying Metallum. At the moment the game is on backorder so it should be available soon. Nevertheless it might help to ask them when they expect to have the game.

FunagainGames was also carrying Metallum and it is out of stock at the moment.

POLAND
1. Galakta - the publisher
Here is the info from their website:
Quote:
You can order our games directly from us – we can ship them to most countries in the world. Please contacts us at contact@galakta.pl with your shipping address, titles you want to buy and quantities, we will calculate shipping costs for you.
2. Rebel - one of the biggest retailers in PL
They also sell english version of Metallum . Check their website and here is their english info:
Quote:
If you would like to purchase some of the games, please contact us at sklep@rebel.pl with following information:
a game or games you would like to purchase
your shipping address

We accept payments via PayPal (sklep@rebel.pl). Please don't send payment without contacting us first (we need to calculate shipping cost for your location).
This might be a good option if you are interested in several Polish games from various publishers.
NOTE: When ordering from PL please make sure that you are ordering the game in English as Polish version is also available.

UK
You should be able to get the game from any UK store as Metallum is distributed in UK by Spiral Galaxy Games. If your favorite UK store is not carrying the game please contact them and ask if they can get it from Spiral Galaxy Games. This could be also a great option for people that are outside of UK planning to get several games from there at the same time as it may save you a lot on shipping.

GERMANY
You should be able to get the game from any german store as Metallum is distributed in Germany by Heidelberger Spieleverlag. If your favorite german store store is not carrying the game please contact them and ask if they can get the game from Heidelberger Spieleverlag. This could be also a great option for people that are outside Germany planning to get several games from there at same time as it may save you a lot on shipping.
NOTE: German version of the game was released so please make sure that you are ordering correct version as some shops still carry English and/or German

SWEDEN
You should be able to get the game from any swedish store as Metallum is distributed in Sweden by The Card Cabinet. If your favorite swedish store is not carrying the game please contact them and ask if they can get it from The Card Cabinet. This could be also a great option for people that are outside Sweden planning to get several games from there at same time as it may save you a lot on shipping.
NOTE: There is no Swedish version of the game so you will be getting English version

BGG marketplace
You should be able to find shops selling the game through BGG by following this link: Metallum on BGG Marketplace
At the moment I am writing this there are sellers from Canada, Germany, and Belgium. Most of them should be used to dealing with worldwide customers.

BGG trade
Check if there are any BGG users willing to trade the game away: users trading Metallum. At the moment there are one offer from Germany but this might change in the future.

If none of the above make sense for you

Try contacting your favorite board game retailer and ask them if they could get the game for you from the publisher (or any of the above distributors). Especially if few people do it at the same time the retailer might get a game down to a decent price. You can use the thread below to organize such "group order".

If you know about some distributor/shop that I have missed please let me know. I will try to keep this list updated.

Hope that helps,
Wojo
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wojtek Wojcik
Poland
Kraków(Cracow)
Malopolska
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
New possibility added - US online retailer: Game Surplus
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wojtek Wojcik
Poland
Kraków(Cracow)
Malopolska
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Updated the above information:
- added Funagain and updated status for GameSulprus
- added note about German version
- updated info about BGG Marketplace and trade offers
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls