Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Turner
United Kingdom
Farnham
Surrey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
One pack of these cards costs the ordinary backer GBP15.

6 packs costs a retailer GBP45. That's half price.

I am assuming this is an enticement to bring retailers into the fold, but it makes the value proposition less interesting for the rest of us. Especially if those retailers then go and sell the game 10% cheaper on release, or some such. You can easily have a situation where non-backers get the game earlier and cheaper than backers.

Why not offer bulk discounts for other people too? I could quite easily see getting together a bulk order for a games club, for example...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vincent
Netherlands
Arnhem
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MrMT wrote:
I am assuming this is an enticement to bring retailers into the fold, but it makes the value proposition less interesting for the rest of us. Especially if those retailers then go and sell the game 10% cheaper on release, or some such.
I guess that's why there are only 10 slots (for total of 60 games). That won't flood the market with cheap games, but does give them valuable feedback from retailers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Theuerkaufer
Germany
Freiburg
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What Vincent said. And retailers have to add taxes and their calculation includes storage, rent and personnel costs. From my own past - selling records via distributor worldwide - I know that retailer's prices often exceed what you would expect, given the low price they payed when ordering on bulk.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls