Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Janus Holm
Denmark
Horsens
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
So I'm currently playing a game with Shaping Cantrip: "Cast this spell to return one of your just destroyed Creatures to your Ready Area (at its same level) instead of putting it in the Used Pile."

In the game we also have 2 attachment spells. So what happens if we use Shaping Cantrip on a creature with attached spells - do we return just the creature or both the creature and the attached spells?

The rulebook for Quarmageddon specifies for attachment spells: "If that Creature is destroyed or leaves play for any reason (such as scoring Glory), your spell always goes to your Used Pile. A Creature may have multiple spells attached at the same time."

So my argument is that your creature has to be destroyed in order to use Shaping Cantrip. And when a creature is destroyed all the attached spells should go to the used pile.
This way the spell is still very powerful.

Another argument is that Shaping Cantrip reads that your creature goes to the ready area instead of the used pile and thereby you restore your creature just as it was with attached spells and everything.

I personally think the spell would be too overpowerd this way but what are your oppinions on this matter?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Roy
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kchekrik wrote:
So I'm currently playing a game with Shaping Cantrip: "Cast this spell to return one of your just destroyed Creatures to your Ready Area (at its same level) instead of putting it in the Used Pile."

In the game we also have 2 attachment spells. So what happens if we use Shaping Cantrip on a creature with attached spells - do we return just the creature or both the creature and the attached spells?

The rulebook for Quarmageddon specifies for attachment spells: "If that Creature is destroyed or leaves play for any reason (such as scoring Glory), your spell always goes to your Used Pile. A Creature may have multiple spells attached at the same time."

So my argument is that your creature has to be destroyed in order to use Shaping Cantrip. And when a creature is destroyed all the attached spells should go to the used pile.
This way the spell is still very powerful.

Another argument is that Shaping Cantrip reads that your creature goes to the ready area instead of the used pile and thereby you restore your creature just as it was with attached spells and everything.

I personally think the spell would be too overpowerd this way but what are your oppinions on this matter?

I think you've got the answer right there in your question.

"Cast this spell to return one of your just destroyed Creatures to your Ready Area (at its same level) instead of putting it in the Used Pile."

So the creature is destroyed, it's just that you changed where you put the die.

And since the creature was destroyed, the spells disappear.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Janus Holm
Denmark
Horsens
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks you for your reply i just needed a second opinion to back me up

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.