United Kingdom
Hinckley
Leics
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Later Note: the below is an accurate commentary, but I want to add that they 'made good' on their offer to send me a gift. It was more than I was expecting, and I think they have behaved utterly admirably. I look forward to the opportunity of giving them an order soon.

Feb 4th: Order placed and paid for by Paypal.Order confirmed by email by gamestack.

Feb 10th: asked for shipping details so I could plan when to be in to receive the delivery.
Feb 10th: 2 minutes later, order refunded by Paypal; no explanation. No communication from Gamestack. No reply to request to explain.

I have no idea why they didn't bother to communicate the reason for their inability/unwillingness to fulfill my order, but since I bought an expansion to expand one of the games they confirmed in their order I am a bit cross.

Edit: see below for response

You may wish to bear this in mind in your dealings with them: have low expectations and you won't be disappointed. Note that they only offer an 0845 number for communication.

Later Note: I retract the above. They have behaved in an exemplary manner and clearly the reason for their problems was entirely genuine and unpreventable.

This was my order:

Order number:14769
Date: 4th February, 2014
Time: 9:21 pm
Payment Status: Shipment

Product:Hansa Teutonica
Price: 16.49 GBP
Quantity: 1
Subtotal: 16.49

Product:Wealth of Nations
Price: 37.99 GBP
Subtotal: 37.99

Product:Chicago Express Expansion
Price: 14.49 GBP
Subtotal: 14.49

Product:Age of Industry: Japan and Minnesota
Price: 11.49 GBP
Subtotal: 11.49

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
Hinckley
Leics
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Gamestack.com (UK)
Update: here is a response from Gamestack after I pointed them at the above post:

Unfortunately a series of unfortunate circumstances have meant that your order has been refunded fully. Wealth of Nations should not have been showing as available as we had gone out of stock and have not got confirmed re stocks.

We have also just lost a certain amount of stock to flood damage.
Mainly games and expansions that are kept in a more remote store (less popular stock and one offs). It was actually your order that alerted us to the problems and has had unfortunate knock on effects. The site is currently been updated to account for this and accounts have made refunds where necessary.

You should have been alerted to these factors on Friday for which we apologise.

A complimentary card game has been sent to you with our apologies.

Fair enough, I think. It would have been better, of course, if the explanation had come before or with the refund, but if they describe accurately the circumstances then they are worth another chance for sure when circumstances arise.

I didn't realsie what I was ordering was quite so unpopular

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Hurp
United Kingdom
Aldershot
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Or the fact that Esher (where they are based) is underwater possibly making buisness a little different for them yuk.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
Hinckley
Leics
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I did have a look on t'interweb to see how the poor folks of Esher were faring - but the Environment Agency seemed to be expressing no concerns for their welfare ...

Of course 'flood/water damage' doesn't require feet-deep standing water - my porch got very damp before I patched the roof ...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Hurp
United Kingdom
Aldershot
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And my kitchen got very damp after my stopcock broke off, leaving mains pressure water flooding into my house on Thursday.

Typical, stromaggeddon manages to flood half of Britain out, and I'm safe and dry until my house decides to flood from the inside out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls