Subject: A bit too difficult or not ? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Denis Le Bret
France
flag msg tools
mb
Hello,

my friends and I, have tried half a dozen time to save the submarine from fire. Each time, we are beaten very soon. The best success was two victims saved. We play with advance rules but "newbies" difficulty.

Do any of you succeed with the U-boot? if so, do you have some advice to provide.

Thank you.

PS: Lutz, no matter the difficulty, the rules are great.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lutz Pietschker
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
evavy wrote:
Lutz, no matter the difficulty, the rules are great.
Thank you! Maybe the runthrough helps you a bit, though it took me some time to win a game at Veteran level that also had some drama. The expansion was designed to have about 50% of failures at Veteran level; on average, that is, the actual results may vary dramatically depending on your dice rolls, and when the dice are against you on the first few rolls sometimes you just have to admit defeat (as we just did on the PBF #10 game on the trampship map).
Some hints: Do not spend APs if you cannot achieve anything positive immediately (this is true for all boards). Try to break or shorten continuous fire lanes, in particular in the engine room. Sometimes it pays to only half-extinguish a few spaces (if that enables you to put more fires out) and clear them later. I often let even the Medic or Rescue FF put out smoke if it is in their way, it costs the same as if another FF has to put out a real fire later.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls