Mike Palmer
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,
Can someone please clarify the rules on activating Army Units. Can all army units be activated by HQ units at the start of each AM activation?
I'm playing Drive on Mtsensk and am just at the stage of army unit activation. I've activated KG Eberbach and 35PZ HQ is adjacent to 4/69 Arty, and two hexes away are 1/53 Rocket and 604 Arty. Could the HQ activate all three army units this activation? Also can you activate a further two army units out of range in the same activation?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Haggett
United States
Riverside
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, any army units can be activated if within the HQ's command range. These are marked with a "first activation marker" (if unmarked and motorized) or a "final activation marker" (other cases). Army units with Final Activation markers cannot be activated again.

Up to 2 army units outside the command range can be activated in addition to the army units within the command range of any active HQs. The army units must pass an ER check. Pass or fail, the unit is marked as activated (first or final).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Haggett
United States
Riverside
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The main limit on army unit activation is the activation markers--once marked final, they are done for the turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Palmer
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you Mike. That's kind of how I read it but was still unsure so thought I'd try the experts.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Cawley
United States
Anthem
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mike is right, but just to be completely clear, it is only army units outside of command range that need to pass an ER check to activate. Those in command range, you just decide to use them (previous activation markers permitting), and they automatically comply.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juanma Saenz
Spain
Marbella
Andalusia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
But rules 7.44 says:

7.44 An active Formation can activate an Army unit automatically if both:

Is this real? ... Only one unit or as it says above all the units within the HQ range are possible?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls