Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Arne Kaiser
Switzerland
Zürich
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We are allowed any and all ships that have been published so far, but only ressources from OP1-3 and Admiral's Orders.

Admiral's Order: United Force (0)

Resource: Command Tokens (5)

Valdore (28)
Tactical Officer (3)
Parem (1)
Ship SP: 32

Valdore (28)
Donatra (4)
Tactical Officer (3)
Ship SP: 35

I.R.W. Valdore (30)
Valdore (3)
Tactical Officer (3)
Romulan Pilot (2)
Ship SP: 38

Total Build SP: 110

Generated by STAW Builder
http://www.dracossoftware.com/STAWHome.html

After having used slightly more subtle lists so far, I was thinking that maybe I want to try and wield the Romulan sledge hammer this time around (and I bought 3 Valdores, so I have to use them at some point). The IRW Valdore could land a very nice 8-dice attack with 2 rerolls, possibly with a battlestation from the Command Tokens. This has a higher than 50% chance of causing 8 hits... Dodge this!

Any recommendations, ideas, suggestions are welcome.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Kelly
United States
Florence
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
With all the cloaked ships out there, I'm not as big of a fan of Tactical Officers as some people are.

However, the one suggestion I would strongly make is to run a named captain on the 1st Valdore instead of the Romulan Pilot on the 3rd. That 2 SP would pay for Mirok on that ship, and you'd still have the 10 SP of upgrades left for the UF. While I enjoy the Romulan Pilot, I don't think he is overly impactful, whereas I've always had tremendous success with Mirok (especially considering his skill can remove Crits from your ship's hull).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D Conklin
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
drscottkelly wrote:
With all the cloaked ships out there, I'm not as big of a fan of Tactical Officers as some people are.

I agree with this wholeheartedly. Between cloaked opponents and action economy, I am hardly ever able to get a "bonus" target lock.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oh No! It's...
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
One thing we've started to experience here in Nashville is Advanced Weapon Systems becoming an auto include on every cloaked vessel just to avoid the Quantum Torp spam that's going around.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trueflight Silverwing
United States
Waverly
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Probable_Koz wrote:
One thing we've started to experience here in Nashville is Advanced Weapon Systems becoming an auto include on every cloaked vessel just to avoid the Quantum Torp spam that's going around.

Unless you are playing Klingon though, that is cross tech, and cross tech is evil...

At least around here. Everyone just seems to play faction pure out of habit around here. I think in the entire OP so far I have seen one cross faction flatt (technically two, but one only used a bunch of independents).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arne Kaiser
Switzerland
Zürich
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ender02 wrote:
Unless you are playing Klingon though, that is cross tech, and cross tech is evil...
I tend to agree... but sadly, not the people I play the OP against. I played against 3 different factions, all of them running Picard.angry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oh No! It's...
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well if he's helping the Klingon's then it cool because he was Gowron's Arbiter, and if it was the Romulan's then he's obviously Shinzon. ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arne Kaiser
Switzerland
Zürich
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Probable_Koz wrote:
Well if he's helping the Klingon's then it cool because he was Gowron's Arbiter, and if it was the Romulan's then he's obviously Shinzon. ninja
Oh No! It's... not cool!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Percival
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I played a Valdore fleet for my 2nd OP4.

United Forces - 0

Valdore-Class
Toreth
Tactical Officer

Valdore-Class
Letant
Tactical Officer

I.R.W Valdore
Donatra
Tactical Officer
Romulan Pilot

I came out 3-0. Only lost one ship during the event - Letant. The Klingon player I went against really didn't like him. Worked pretty well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cheyenne Cummings

Manhattan Beach
California
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
aaron2310 wrote:
I played a Valdore fleet for my 2nd OP4.

United Forces - 0

Valdore-Class
Toreth
Tactical Officer

Valdore-Class
Letant
Tactical Officer

I.R.W Valdore
Donatra
Tactical Officer
Romulan Pilot

I came out 3-0. Only lost one ship during the event - Letant. The Klingon player I went against really didn't like him. Worked pretty well.

I keep wanting to try this but my OP opponents like to play mixed fleet. Three different players have come up with different combos to have 10 defense dice. I keep going back to a two ship build to contend with there high defense and high attack rolls.

So question, what did you do to make this fleet so useable strategy wise?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Percival
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I probably wouldn't play this in a mixed environment. Thankfully our venues all pretty much run faction pure with the odd mix - which used to be me with GenKhan on a Valdore but with Unifed Forces, I'm sure I'll continue to see faction pure now.

I played it as I would a typical Romulan fleet. I picked my moments and made sure they counted. Made use of the Tactical Officer and concentrated fire to make the most of my attacks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls