West Malling
Kent
flag msg tools
designer
Nothing to see here. Please move on
badge
It's about time!
mbmbmbmbmb
This card states that you "choose 1 matchup and gain fans equal to the number of cheating tokens at the matchup". Can this be played at a matchup that your team is not involved in? It would seem that way. It is possible that this card was changed prior to the finalisation of the Beta testing as I have a Beta copy of The Sudden Death expansion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Garramone
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was a Beta tester for the expansion and it did undergo changes. It used to say: "Scoreboard Phase": After the "Reveal Cheating Tokens" step, choose 1 matchup and count the number of cheating tokens on all players at that matchup. Exhaust this card to gain flags for each cheating token counted at the chosen matchup."

Now it says: "Scoreboard Phase": "At the beginning of the Scoreboard Phase, choose 1 highlight and count the number of cheating tokens on all players at that matchup. Exhaust this card to gain flags for each cheating token counted at the chosen highlight."

It is important to note that this Staff Upgrade does NOT work on Tournaments, but only on Highlights. Some of us were making big payoffs in Fan Points by using this Staff Upgrade at Tournaments. To answer your question, yes you can play it at a Highlight matchup where you do not have any players present.

Rationale: You are a Team Manager, you have people on your staff who go and make side bets on other games during the week for extra loot. Anything to keep your Bloodbowl team running at top speed, right?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay K
United Kingdom
West Malling
Kent
flag msg tools
designer
Nothing to see here. Please move on
badge
It's about time!
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for responding.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trev
Australia
St Kilda
VIC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This card appears to be massively overpowered, depending on the number of match ups, composition of teams and if the corrupt ref is included.

I drew "Underhand Dealings" in the first round in a five player, five round game with the corrupt ref and I scored an average of 5+ points every round for rounds 2-5. 20+ points was scored with no input from me and without any risk. But I didn't win! Another player with "Underhand Dealings" beat me by 2 points.

I think this card should be house ruled to count cheating tokens only at match ups where the player is present. In most games this would mean the best of 2 match ups, rather than best of 5 match ups in a 5 player, and it would require the player to engage in some risk and reward with the possibility of ejection increased where there are loads of cheating tokens.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.