Star Wars: X-Wing Miniatures Game» Forums » General

Subject: Updated Ship Stats vs Points spreadsheet rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tim Pitsch
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Is there an updated Ship Stats vs Points spreadsheet? I have the one up till wave 2, but would like to know if someone has or knows where to find one up to wave 3.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert M.
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Wave 3 fractured it, Imperial Aces jumped up and down on the cracks, and Wave 4 broke right through. FFG may still have some formula for initial ship point costs, but from our end there's no way to see it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Pitsch
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
hmmm, I was told the only one ship in wave 3 didnt work, Ten Numb, but the others fit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert M.
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
pitsch911 wrote:
hmmm, I was told the only one ship in wave 3 didnt work, Ten Numb, but the others fit.

The Omicron Group Pilot is 14 points cheaper than it should be; the Rebel Operative is 12 points more expensive than it should be; and Blue Squadron is 4 or 5 points too cheap. The TIE Bomber is the only Wave 3 ship whose base stats are even close, but even that's about 1 point too cheap.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
stu ma
Germany
HD
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Sometime reality doesn't fit the point calculation system. I worked as playtester for a longer period of time some years ago. Anyway, I played only some games of X-wing. I liked the new models, but what I read hear makes me fear that X-wing will go down the sad road of powercreap. Is it that way?

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Krüger
Germany
Krefeld
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Aselan wrote:
Sometime reality doesn't fit the point calculation system. I worked as playtester for a longer period of time some years ago. Anyway, I played only some games of X-wing. I liked the new models, but what I read hear makes me fear that X-wing will go down the sad road of powercreap. Is it that way?

Thanks.

Not yet, but some cards and ships are known to be very strong (Push the Limit, the Falcon). If these had been in the first wave, we would complain about power decline, I guess.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert M.
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Thamos von Nostria wrote:
Aselan wrote:

Thanks.

Not yet, but some cards and ships are known to be very strong (Push the Limit, the Falcon). If these had been in the first wave, we would complain about power decline, I guess.

Also, three of the Wave 1 ships are still considered strong, and frequently appear in competitive lists.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
stu ma
Germany
HD
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
So it could be considered a general balance issue? :-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert M.
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Aselan wrote:
So it could be considered a general balance issue? :-)

No, I don't think it's a balance issue. I think the designers let go of the idea of a rigid cost structure at the right time, and for the right reasons--namely, that the rigid costing structure had produced at least one clear failure in the TIE Advanced, arguably overestimated the value of the A-wing, didn't provide flexibility in costing pilot abilities, and failed to account for the additional difficulties and risks of maneuvering Large ships.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.