Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chad Brown
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I see where DS9 is considered a ship for rule purposes, which would prevent you from placing cloaked mines within range 2, however does that mean if you control DS9 you can then place cloaked mines within range 2 of the station?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Becker
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
I find your lack of faith disturbing.
badge
Banana!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
That was my assumption, as long as you control DS9, it is your ship.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trueflight Silverwing
United States
Waverly
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting question. In theory I would say yes, since when you control it, it becomes your ship to an extent, but at the same tiem, I can see that opening up all sorts of exploits. Namely if you were to abandon the station, it would then take automatic hits from the mines every turn until it was destroyed.

I want to say yes, but the ability for exploitation leads me to believe no. I'm curious to see what Andrew says about this one. Might want to post it in the Official FaQ thread.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Parks
United States
Somerset
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Quixotic Games: www.quixoticgames.com
badge
Dungeon Alliance: Available Now!
mbmbmbmbmb
Ender02 wrote:
Interesting question. In theory I would say yes, since when you control it, it becomes your ship to an extent, but at the same tiem, I can see that opening up all sorts of exploits. Namely if you were to abandon the station, it would then take automatic hits from the mines every turn until it was destroyed.

I want to say yes, but the ability for exploitation leads me to believe no. I'm curious to see what Andrew says about this one. Might want to post it in the Official FaQ thread.

The FAQ discusses the interaction of Stations and Mines. Essentially, the only way to damage a Station with mines is to drop Antimatter Mines directly on them. Stations do not take damage from mines on subsequent turns. So Cloaked Mines would not affect the abandoned DS9.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Hensel
United States
Kyle
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
How are you planning to get cloaked mines on DS9 in the first place after you take it over?

This question is from an OP1/OP6 viewpoint. If you're playing a non-standard casual game then the answer is, "however you want."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Brown
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Another ship could lay the mines.

You could up the cheese and drop weyoun/crew member on DS9, then constantly bump two keldons together to keep them stationary while giving you an overlapping field of fire in multiple directions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Holsclaw
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mr_Tricorder wrote:
How are you planning to get cloaked mines on DS9 in the first place after you take it over?

This question is from an OP1/OP6 viewpoint. If you're playing a non-standard casual game then the answer is, "however you want."

You don't have to. I think the idea here was that after you take the station, your ship(s) equipped with cloaked mines can then legally lay them near the station.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.