Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rafał Cywicki
Poland
Cracow
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I normaly don't post my decks and rarely reply to someone posting a deck - but this time I think I stumbled on something worthwhile.

Strategy for this deck goes like this:
You want Magnum Opus, Crypsis and then Woman in the Red Dress out. It also helps a lot to find and install at least one HQ Interface. After that spend majority of your time clicking for the money, and draw a card from time to time. You want to sit on the money with about 10-20$ and two counters on Crypsis most of the time.

Important thing is - never run blindly! Run only when you see an Agenda on remote (infiltrate if not sure), if Corp leaves an Agenda on R&D (after the Red dress ability), or if there is a valuable agenda in HQ (if Corps decides to take it after Red Dress). Always try to keep a lot of credits at hand - even if it means letting Corp getting an agenda or two.

The point is to put Corp in a "damned whatever you do" situation with "Woman in the Red Dress". You leave it, I'll take it, you take it, I'll fish for it in you HQ or wait for you to install it. Even just knowing it is there, makes all the difference.

Other cards - singleton breakers, Personal Touch, Source, Sneakdoor, Modded - are there only to mitigate the drawbacks of running Crypsis-only rig. The Source also prevents Corp from fast advancing.

Feel free to test it out and/or comment.

Deck Created with CardGameDB.com Android: Netrunner Deck Builder

Identity:
Chaos Theory: Wunderkind (Cyber Exodus)

Total Cards: (40)

Event: (15)
Diesel (Core) x3
Modded (Core) x3
Notoriety (Trace Amount) x1
Infiltration (Core) x2
Kraken (Humanity's Shadow) x3
Stimhack (Core) x1 ■
Indexing (Future Proof) x2

Hardware: (5)
The Personal Touch (Core) x3
HQ Interface (Humanity's Shadow) x2 ■■

Program: (10)
ZU.13 Key Master (What Lies Ahead) x1
Crypsis (Core) x3
Magnum Opus (Core) x3
Mimic (Core) x1 ■
Sneakdoor Beta (Core) x1 ■■■
Inti (Creation and Control) x1

Resource: (10)
Aesop's Pawnshop (Core) x1
Woman in the Red Dress (Mala Tempora) x3
Daily Casts (Creation and Control) x3
The Source (Creation and Control) x3 ■■

Influence Values Totals -
Anarch: 2
Criminal: 7
Shaper: 48
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rafał Cywicki
Poland
Cracow
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
One more thing! Playing the way I described makes using Kraken a bit more reliable - you keep a lot of money in the bank, and know the agenda is there on turns start. At times you are able to play two of those in single turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Nordeng
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
chomoon wrote:
I normaly don't post my decks and rarely reply to someone posting a deck - but this time I think I stumbled on something worthwhile.

Strategy for this deck goes like this:
You want Magnum Opus, Crypsis and then Woman in the Red Dress out. It also helps a lot to find and install at least one HQ Interface. After that spend majority of your time clicking for the money, and draw a card from time to time. You want to sit on the money with about 10-20$ and two counters on Crypsis most of the time.

Important thing is - never run blindly! Run only when you see an Agenda on remote (infiltrate if not sure), if Corp leaves an Agenda on R&D (after the Red dress ability), or if there is a valuable agenda in HQ (if Corps decides to take it after Red Dress). Always try to keep a lot of credits at hand - even if it means letting Corp getting an agenda or two.

The point is to put Corp in a "damned whatever you do" situation with "Woman in the Red Dress". You leave it, I'll take it, you take it, I'll fish for it in you HQ or wait for you to install it. Even just knowing it is there, makes all the difference.

Other cards - singleton breakers, Personal Touch, Source, Sneakdoor, Modded - are there only to mitigate the drawbacks of running Crypsis-only rig. The Source also prevents Corp from fast advancing.

Feel free to test it out and/or comment.

Deck Created with CardGameDB.com Android: Netrunner Deck Builder

Identity:
Chaos Theory: Wunderkind (Cyber Exodus)

Total Cards: (40)

Event: (15)
Diesel (Core) x3
Modded (Core) x3
Notoriety (Trace Amount) x1
Infiltration (Core) x2
Kraken (Humanity's Shadow) x3
Stimhack (Core) x1 ■
Indexing (Future Proof) x2

Hardware: (5)
The Personal Touch (Core) x3
HQ Interface (Humanity's Shadow) x2 ■■

Program: (10)
ZU.13 Key Master (What Lies Ahead) x1
Crypsis (Core) x3
Magnum Opus (Core) x3
Mimic (Core) x1 ■
Sneakdoor Beta (Core) x1 ■■■
Inti (Creation and Control) x1

Resource: (10)
Aesop's Pawnshop (Core) x1
Woman in the Red Dress (Mala Tempora) x3
Daily Casts (Creation and Control) x3
The Source (Creation and Control) x3 ■■

Influence Values Totals -
Anarch: 2
Criminal: 7
Shaper: 48

It needs a Nerve Agent to get get the Agendas with your Sneakdoor when they draw the agendas. It will make WitRD that much more effective.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rafał Cywicki
Poland
Cracow
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Nords3x4 wrote:
It needs a Nerve Agent to get get the Agendas with your Sneakdoor when they draw the agendas. It will make WitRD that much more effective.

I thought about Nerve Agent, but... 1) Not enought MU to run MO, Crypsis, Sneakdoor and Nerve. 2) Would force me to run HQ multiple times after a purge and waste money. 3) Purging would be so much more viable for Corp player with two viruses out there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nushura
United States
Boston
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you cannot fit a Nerve agent then add a HQ interface. It will be hard on influence, but otherwise it will be very hard to get an agenda from identities with large hand size (NBN:TWIY or CI:IF).

Also, you might have a hard trouble with Jinteki decks with many traps: they take an aggenda in hand, install something, double advance it...do you go for it or wait?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Barth
Germany
flag msg tools
Nushura wrote:
If you cannot fit a Nerve agent then add a HQ interface.
chomoon wrote:
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alejandro G.
United States
Hurst
Texas
flag msg tools
Sometimes you have to roll the hard six.
badge
I'm getting my men...
mbmbmbmbmb
I know MU is tight, but I really like Chakana + The Source. It keeps you motivated to attack R&D constantly and gives you tokens which after 3 increase the advancement cost of agendas by 1 along with The Source.

The Corp will either be forced to leave an agenda down for an extended period of time to score it or will have to clear counters to help keep their advancement costs low.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rafał Cywicki
Poland
Cracow
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
xpiredsodapop wrote:
I know MU is tight, but I really like Chakana + The Source. It keeps you motivated to attack R&D constantly and gives you tokens which after 3 increase the advancement cost of agendas by 1 along with The Source.

The Corp will either be forced to leave an agenda down for an extended period of time to score it or will have to clear counters to help keep their advancement costs low.

Chakana would force me to run R&D multiple times Source does the same job for all agendas but 2/1. Also MU is tight in this deck even with this ID.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rafał Cywicki
Poland
Cracow
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Nushura wrote:
If you cannot fit a Nerve agent then add a HQ interface. It will be hard on influence, but otherwise it will be very hard to get an agenda from identities with large hand size (NBN:TWIY or CI:IF).

Also, you might have a hard trouble with Jinteki decks with many traps: they take an aggenda in hand, install something, double advance it...do you go for it or wait?

I played against Jinteki twice with this deck and Woman in the Red Dress really helps to sniff out the traps. I also have 2x Infiltration for that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alejandro G.
United States
Hurst
Texas
flag msg tools
Sometimes you have to roll the hard six.
badge
I'm getting my men...
mbmbmbmbmb
chomoon wrote:
xpiredsodapop wrote:

Chakana would force me to run R&D multiple times Source does the same job for all agendas but 2/1. Also MU is tight in this deck even with this ID.

Pop a Djinn and load up x3 Chakanas on it. The Source may do the same thing, but you can only have 1 out at a time.

x3 Chakanas after hitting R&D a few times will force the Corp to purge counters giving you a time lock on them.

A 5/3 turns into an 8/3, good luck to the Corp trying to score that!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rafał Cywicki
Poland
Cracow
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
xpiredsodapop wrote:

A 5/3 turns into an 8/3, good luck to the Corp trying to score that!

I hear what you are saying, but that's basically an idea for a very different deck. The kind of deck that can run R&D multiple times - everytime there is a purge. Maybe a Kit deck.

This deck can't run multiple times... Crypsis can barely manage to make one big run every couple of turns. I even have doubts about Indexing in this deck, because it requires two consecutive runs. That's why this deck needs surgical precision and all the additional information.

Also including Djinn and chakana requires influence and MU (djinn itself also costs one).

All the Source requires is to install it. And that's the beauty of it
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas R
United States
New York
flag msg tools
I've actually been playing around with a number of similar deck ideas, and I've been pretty pleased with them. Here are a couple of thoughts based on my experiences, and I'd love to hear how they match up with yours:

1) I really love adding link and Underworld Contact to these types of decks. You have time, and one of your goals is to drag the game out, so the your Underworld Contacts will pay out a lot if you get them set up early. (Also, in Shaper, I've been playing with The Toolbox to get the link, and that would solve any MU pressure you might be feeling.)

2) I've found Vamp to be almost completely indispensable in decks of this style. It's really nice to put the corp in a position where icing up their remote heavily in the hopes of preventing you from snagging things even with a ton of money (due to Crypsis) isn't enough because you can just run HQ, drain them to 0 credits with all your cash, and then run their remote while they can't rez anything.

3) I like to have a couple of early-access tricks like Inside Job or Test Run + Femme Fatale for those games when NBN tries to shove through a turn-1 Astroscript Pilot Program.

4) Vamp + extra MU from The Toolbox means that I have extra MU, but need to use less influence, so Nerve Agent is a strong play in those variants, I've found. Nerve Agent also combos nicely with Vamp, giving you a counter when you drain their credits.

Anyway, as to the use of Woman in the Red Dress, I agree that it's a very powerful effect, especially in a low-run deck like this. Its real power is that it gives you information FOR FREE. You don't have to run for it, you just get to see one card in the corp's deck every turn, and you get to know if it's on top of R&D or somewhere in HQ. That's a powerful piece of knowledge to get for no clicks. And, like you, I've found that The Source is a pretty critical piece of the puzzle here since it keeps NBN or HB from fast-advancing from hand, and that's a big deal when your goal is to jam up HQ with agendas.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rafał Cywicki
Poland
Cracow
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
anathomical wrote:
I've actually been playing around with a number of similar deck ideas, and I've been pretty pleased with them. Here are a couple of thoughts based on my experiences, and I'd love to hear how they match up with yours:

1) I really love adding link and Underworld Contact to these types of decks. You have time, and one of your goals is to drag the game out, so the your Underworld Contacts will pay out a lot if you get them set up early. (Also, in Shaper, I've been playing with The Toolbox to get the link, and that would solve any MU pressure you might be feeling.)

2) I've found Vamp to be almost completely indispensable in decks of this style. It's really nice to put the corp in a position where icing up their remote heavily in the hopes of preventing you from snagging things even with a ton of money (due to Crypsis) isn't enough because you can just run HQ, drain them to 0 credits with all your cash, and then run their remote while they can't rez anything.

3) I like to have a couple of early-access tricks like Inside Job or Test Run + Femme Fatale for those games when NBN tries to shove through a turn-1 Astroscript Pilot Program.

4) Vamp + extra MU from The Toolbox means that I have extra MU, but need to use less influence, so Nerve Agent is a strong play in those variants, I've found. Nerve Agent also combos nicely with Vamp, giving you a counter when you drain their credits.

Anyway, as to the use of Woman in the Red Dress, I agree that it's a very powerful effect, especially in a low-run deck like this. Its real power is that it gives you information FOR FREE. You don't have to run for it, you just get to see one card in the corp's deck every turn, and you get to know if it's on top of R&D or somewhere in HQ. That's a powerful piece of knowledge to get for no clicks. And, like you, I've found that The Source is a pretty critical piece of the puzzle here since it keeps NBN or HB from fast-advancing from hand, and that's a big deal when your goal is to jam up HQ with agendas.

Thanks for the advice.

Before the Chaos Theory deck I tried similiar thing with Kate and Underworld Contacts - but in my opinion it made the deck slower and took longer to set up. With CT I can focus on my key cards (MO, Crypsis, WitRD), and I don't need to pack extra memory for Sneakdoor. Still it is not a bad way to go.

Vamp is a powerful card I never managed to use to it's full potential - I guess it would require really efficient economy, and Account Siphon as a back-up. Also when playing with my opponents I often see them with tons of money and still unable to bunker up against a single well targeted run.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate K
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I didn't like the idea until you mentioned The Source. Locking out fast advance strategies makes Woman In Red useful. They either leave the agenda on R&D (where you can punch in and grab it), draw it into HQ (where you can hunt it down with HQ Interface and Sneakdoor Beta), or put it in a remote (where you can nab it). Well played, sir.

I do have to raise an eyebrow at your breaker suite. Mimic without Datasucker? Zu without link? Inti?! These seem like odd choices to me. Wouldn't Gordian Blade be more efficient than Zu, since you're not worried about link and MU? Are you concerned about being able to get through Archer or Grim? Also... Inti? Really? I'm all for conserving Influence, but you couldn't even go with Snowball?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Meindersee II
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kurthl33t wrote:
I do have to raise an eyebrow at your breaker suite. Mimic without Datasucker? Zu without link? Inti?! These seem like odd choices to me. Wouldn't Gordian Blade be more efficient than Zu, since you're not worried about link and MU? Are you concerned about being able to get through Archer or Grim? Also... Inti? Really? I'm all for conserving Influence, but you couldn't even go with Snowball?
Agreed. Everything looks really cool until you see the breakers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Nordeng
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
chomoon wrote:
Nords3x4 wrote:

I thought about Nerve Agent, but... 1) Not enought MU to run MO, Crypsis, Sneakdoor and Nerve. 2) Would force me to run HQ multiple times after a purge and waste money. 3) Purging would be so much more viable for Corp player with two viruses out there.

Don't worry about a virus scan, it's a turn they were going to do something to strengthen their position, but now there are viruses, and they have to waste this turn instead. It's a win for you, trust me.

I have played with Red Dress in many many games, both as Criminal and Shaper, and with both HQI and with Nerve Agent. 1 Nerve agent saves influence, install cost, and needing to draw to find them. Since the Red Dress is so timely, the tutoring is key. If MU is a challenge, find room for a mem chip or 2. You would save 2 influence and a card slot by not needing the 2 HQI's, you could go get a real fracter for God's sake.

I believe if you try to make Nerve Agent work, you will find your deck will be more reliable.

Here's a link to my Red Dress deck + strategy for Crim. I don't have my shaper Red Dress deck handy, but it plays very similar.

http://boardgamegeek.com/article/14581179#14581179
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C Spiekerman
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Nords, You don't have nerve agent in your linked deck!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
patrick
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Minis painted "As you wish"
badge
PM me for commission painting info!
mbmbmbmbmb
Memory solution to add Nerve Agent:

-2 HQ Interfaces
-1 The Source
-2 Crypsis

+2 Djinn
+1 Nerve Agent
+2 Self-Modifying Codes

This should also allow you to protect Crypsis from Swordsman better by enabling instant mimics.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rana Puer
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Source is a really nice inclusion here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rafał Cywicki
Poland
Cracow
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
kurthl33t wrote:

The idea i that for the most part I use the Crypsis and Crypsis only - he' expensive bu he can deal with archer and Grim fine. Other breakers are there only to help conserve the virus counters or as precaution against some nasty ice. I never aimed for the full breaker suite. At some point in the game I even overwrite them to make space for Sneakdoor.

There is only one point od strenght difference betveen Zu and Gordian and 3 credits difference. So basically Gordian it pays for itself after 3 runs against a code gate. I intend to run 5-10 times total during the game.

Mimic is basically there only (!) to deal with Swordsman - but he also help with Rototurret, Neural Katana, Shadow, Caduceus, Fenris etc. Even without Datasuckers.

I actually agree about the Inti. Snowball helps with the wider selection of ice. I used Inti in the "Dinosaurus times" and he had it place. Here it really does not
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls