Popular Tags: [View All]
Geki
United States
Providence
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello, I remember reading a post from someone who would buy multiple objects as different "deal of the day", but having them shipped all together later on.

Any idea of how to do that?

I am interested in today's deal, but am not ready for my 100$ order, yet...

Best
Geki

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Thunkd
United States
Northampton
MA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well if you add it to an order with a preorder it won't ship yet and you can later add items to the order. I think you might be able to order it by itself and then set it to local pickup in the store and then email them asking them to hold the order for you until you are ready to ship... but you should check with them on that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Walker
United States
Madison Heights
Virginia
flag msg tools
See the Legendary forums for monthly solo leagues!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thunkd wrote:
I think you might be able to order it by itself and then set it to local pickup in the store and then email them asking them to hold the order for you until you are ready to ship... but you should check with them on that.

I've been doing this for a few months now and haven't had an issue yet. Just select the main store in Maitland, then send an email using the "Contact Us" page, specifying an Order Adjustment asking them to hold for free shipping (and refund the tax, if applicable).

I built up a huge backlog of 6 Netrunner packs that went on sale during December on different days.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wesley M
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
Greatest Game Ever
mbmbmbmbmb
Ive done it both ways..

1 put a small pre order (low dollar amount) on the order then just keep ordering deals of the day and emailing or calling to have them combined with your existing order until you get to the point you want it shipped then call or email to have the small pre order item removed from the order.

or 2 Mark the order as being for local pickup maitland. Then email them saying you want to keep adding items until you hit the free shipping threshold. They will refund you the sales tax that will be charged since you chose local pickup and you do the same as above just making new orders and asking them to be combined with the existing one.

Either way..Call or email!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
On-Line Want List Generator - Hopefully Making Math Trades a Little Bit Easier
badge
Captain Kirk, Captain Picard, Captain Sisko, Captain Janeway, Captain Archer
mbmbmbmbmb
geki wrote:
Hello, I remember reading a post from someone who would buy multiple objects as different "deal of the day", but having them shipped all together later on.

Any idea of how to do that?

I am interested in today's deal, but am not ready for my 100$ order, yet...

Best
Geki
wow, is the title of this thread misleading! I'm guessing when you titled it

"CSI: profiting from deal of the day."

you meant how can you yourself profit from csi's deal of the day? But even that is not what you were really asking
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bjmviixii wrote:
I've actually just asked them to hold the order until I get to the free shipping threshold, and they've done it without any problems. I've also used the methods the others have suggested and it's worked fine, but my experience is that you don't actually need a workaround to hold the order. They'll just do it for you.

i recall in another thread how CSI is becoming stricter in terms of allowing people to just buy the daily deal and then holding the order till next daily deal etc...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
toby
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I used to do this all the time but a few months ago they informed me that there was an "unofficial policy" against orders containing multiple deal of the days and given a choice about which items I wanted the sale price at. My guess is they still allow it to some extent if you're buying a bunch of things at regular price, too, but the uncertainty of having to check whether this or that add-on to an on-hold order is OK certainly contributed to me ordering mostly from other sites (White Dragon, Cultofthenew, MiniatureMarket) since I received the unofficial policy notice. If people are still able to do multiple DoDs in one order maybe I'll give it another shot.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Rose
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I tried to do a DoD order with hold and was told a few months back they do not hold any orders unless it's a preorder. I also asked a friend who orders from them regularly to ask and they got the same spiel.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
An-Jen Tai
United States
Palmyra
VA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Frankly, I'm a little surprised they ever allowed it. They are basically selling the items at cost, and the admin hassles has got to be a little annoying. If all you are doing is adding one Deal of the Day after another until you hit the free shipping threshhold, you are what is known in marketing as a negative value customer.

Sounds like enough people were "abusing" the process to the point that they decided to finally put an end to it. Unless, I guess, you are a good customer otherwise.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
toby
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've spent $8000 with them, so I assume there's been some "value" for them in there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam
United States
Springfield
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tobyjason wrote:
I've spent $8000 with them, so I assume there's been some "value" for them in there.

Not if you spent $8000 in deals of the day, which are at cost, but I doubt you have.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
toby
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Most of it was before they even had Daily Deals, so you surmise correctly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
rob stencel

mooresville
North Carolina
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I tried to add a 2nd deal of day to a preorder that had one already and they told me they could not as they only allow one deal of the day per order. Miniature Market has been allowing me to add to my order that way however without issue.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls