Bora Bora» Forums » Rules

Subject: 2 Yellow God Cards rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tay Benjamin
Singapore
flag msg tools
mb
Is it possible to use 2 yellow god cards on 1 quest? For example a quest requiring 3 prayer people -> Yellow God + offer -> Yellow God + offer -> only need 1 prayer man/woman now?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Geller
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No, you can only pay one yellow god per quest.

Rule Book wrote:
Yellow God - If you play one Yellow God (only possible in Phase C), then you can replace exactly one of a task tile's requirements.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Blaiberg
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Shmello50 wrote:
No, you can only pay one yellow god per quest.

Rule Book wrote:
Yellow God - If you play one Yellow God (only possible in Phase C), then you can replace exactly one of a task tile's requirements.

Hmm interesting.

Not sure I read that interpretation into it. If that is a direct quote, then to me all it is saying is that if you play ONE card, you replace ONE requirement.

Although I agree with the fact you can only play one, so I'm not sure if there's anything else in the rulebook that covers this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Geller
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, if you pay one, you get 4 points instead of 6. If the rule book contemplated paying two, wouldn't it specify the points awarded for that?

Edit: this additional snippet from the rule book discusses the scoring of the last three tasks. Again, it is clear that it only contemplates one god card per task. It seems pretty clear to me.

Rule Book wrote:
Note: At the end of the game, when players complete their three remaining task tiles, you may use one Yellow God per tile, thus allowing you use up to three total cards. You must pay one offering for each.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Blaiberg
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Shmello50 wrote:
Well, if you pay one, you get 4 points instead of 6. If the rule book contemplated paying two, wouldn't it specify the points awarded for that?

Good point - as I said, I agree with you, I'm just not sure that quote actually gives a concrete answer however.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tay Benjamin
Singapore
flag msg tools
mb
Hi Guys thanks. I guess the snippet from the rule book pretty much says may use 1 god per tile. i was looking all over the god section arghz.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Geller
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
One of the German users posted and translated a portion of the German rules in an earlier forum post.

Quote:
Nur in Phase C darf ein Spieler maximal einen gelben Gott ausspielen.

= you're only allowed to play 1 Yellow God in Phase C (with an exception at the end of the game)

For whatever reason, they did not include that more precise language in the English rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Thunkd
United States
Northampton
MA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In Phase C #4 of the rules it says
Rules wrote:
In the new turn order, players complete one of the three task tiles. If the player can complete the task without help, he scores 6 VP's. If the player requires the help of the Yellow God to complete it (see page 11), he scores 4 victory points.
I'm inferring from the fact that the yellow god card shows -2 points and that the statement above says if you use the yellow god you score the task at 4 points to mean that only one yellow god card can be used. If you could use more than one yellow god card then this would need to be phrased in such a way to show that you could score the task for fewer than four points, as each card would deduct two points from the task.

The referenced page 11 says
Rules wrote:
If you play one Yellow God (only possible in Phasce C), the can you replace exactly one of a task tile's requirements
The italics on 'one' in that statement is from the rulebook. This suggests that they are emphasizing that you can only play one god card.

Unfortunately I don't think this rulebook is a particularly good translation as it doesn't clearly delineate a few rules very well. But I think that the rules as written very strongly suggest, although they do not 100% spell it out, that the rule is only one yellow god card can be played.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Blaiberg
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah makes sense, particularly with the end of game quote above too.

That's how I've always played it anyway

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls