13 Posts

Caverna: The Cave Farmers» Forums » General

Subject: Caverna Scorer rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Doug Browning
msg tools
Hi all,

If you want to score a game of Caverna online (no math!), you can go here: http://spunbydave.com/c.htm

This is a pretty basic scorer and just a prototype for now - I am working on making it a mobile app, but that may take some time!

If you notice any bugs, let me know.

Enjoy!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jenny Sayward
United States
Kenmore
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool! It worked with positive & negative points, plus the 1/2 point for grain & rounding it up.

I do think that the negative numbers should not be available for any item. It suggested to me that I should do the basic point conversion (-2 for missing animal type, -1 for unused space, -3 for begging markers). If you're asking how many of these things a player has, then negative number choices should not be offered.

And you probably have enough room to clarify for players exactly what to count (total animals includes dogs, missing types does not).

Bugs? Is this an expansion idea? Are dwarven locusts attacking the grain? Or have the Dwarven farmers discovered a new source of food?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Baumgarten
United States
Tomah
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Fantastic! I'm going to use this every game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Browning
msg tools
gameteacher wrote:
Cool! It worked with positive & negative points, plus the 1/2 point for grain & rounding it up.

I do think that the negative numbers should not be available for any item. It suggested to me that I should do the basic point conversion (-2 for missing animal type, -1 for unused space, -3 for begging markers). If you're asking how many of these things a player has, then negative number choices should not be offered.

And you probably have enough room to clarify for players exactly what to count (total animals includes dogs, missing types does not).

Bugs? Is this an expansion idea? Are dwarven locusts attacking the grain? Or have the Dwarven farmers discovered a new source of food?

Thanks for the feedback. I'm super busy now with some other projects, but when I have time, I'll incorporate your feedback.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Browning
msg tools
balmy138 wrote:

Thanks for the feedback.
Do you think Caverna players would be interested in an Android or iPhone app?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Sperling
Canada
Coquitlam
British Columbia
flag msg tools
Fooled you!
badge
Click to edit.
mbmbmbmbmb
TheHatchet wrote:
balmy138 wrote:

Thanks for the feedback.
Do you think Caverna players would be interested in an Android or iPhone app?

I would LOVE an iPhone/iPad app. I use Agricalc whenever I play Agricola and love it. I'd throw a dollar or two at CavernaCalc. Or Calcerna? Caverculator?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Marks
United Kingdom
Hemel Hempstead
Hertfordshire
flag msg tools
Powered by hobbits
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree with everyone its really brilliant. Well done. Do you need to make it an iPhone app? Why can't you just make a mobile site? Less effort for you to develop (plus don't have to pay Apple) and it would be cross platform?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Browning
msg tools
Localhobo4u wrote:
I agree with everyone its really brilliant. Well done. Do you need to make it an iPhone app? Why can't you just make a mobile site? Less effort for you to develop (plus don't have to pay Apple) and it would be cross platform?

Good idea. I hope to have a mobile site as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Sperling
Canada
Coquitlam
British Columbia
flag msg tools
Fooled you!
badge
Click to edit.
mbmbmbmbmb
TheHatchet wrote:
Localhobo4u wrote:

The only problem is then you need a mobile connection at your buddy's place, FLGS, coffee shop, wherever else you may play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Katherine Boag
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gonjeshk wrote:
TheHatchet wrote:
Localhobo4u wrote:

The only problem is then you need a mobile connection at your buddy's place, FLGS, coffee shop, wherever else you may play.

Does it need a connection? Or will it work if you leave it preloaded? I would prefer an Android app, but will try the online version next time I play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mazey Moose
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Only potential issue i have with this is more to do with the controversy over the rules. On page 10 of the rules it clearly shows begging markers as -3 on a gold coin but in the text it says gold points. The very next page shows the difference between gold and gold points. Does anyone know for sure that the -3 applies to gold points and not gold pieces?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Katherine Boag
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kactus04 wrote:
Gonjeshk wrote:
TheHatchet wrote:
Localhobo4u wrote:

Does it need a connection? Or will it work if you leave it preloaded? I would prefer an Android app, but will try the online version next time I play.

Works terrible from a mobile phone, as it scrolls around depending on which box you are inputting to, so you can't actually tell which row/column you are entering. Definitely needs a proper app.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher McLaughlin
United States
Prescott Valley
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mazeydamoose wrote:
Only potential issue i have with this is more to do with the controversy over the rules. On page 10 of the rules it clearly shows begging markers as -3 on a gold coin but in the text it says gold points. The very next page shows the difference between gold and gold points. Does anyone know for sure that the -3 applies to gold points and not gold pieces?

Gold coins count for points at the end of the game along with everything else AND they can also be used during play to purchase resources and such.

Begging markers on the other hand have no influence on gameplay (such as subtracting gold coins from your personal supply). The only time the begging markers will matter is during final scoring. They're simply subtracted from your gold points. The only reason begging markers have gold coins printed on them is to help understand them thematically.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls