Popular Tags: [View All]
Ken
United States
Crystal Lake
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ummm, no? It's pretty standard to suggest people have photo ID in the event that it's needed for emergency services when you're planning an event. You'll also notice that they advise you to keep prescriptions in the original containers so that if something happens, it's not a mystery to figure out what meds you're carrying.

Non-story to top just about all non-stories here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Shipley
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
the liberal unsavory type
mbmbmbmbmb
RoverGuy wrote:
The NAACP is being kind of hypocritical, right?

Not even close.

Suggesting that having an ID with you might be a good idea isn't the same as requiring an ID.

Is suggesting that you wear a hat the same as discriminating against the hatless?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Bentley
msg tools
mbmbmb
RoverGuy wrote:

http://www.truthrevolt.org/news/naacp-bring-photo-id-protest...

Quote:
DO bring photo identification (driver's license, passport or other valid photo ID) with you and keep it on your persons at all times.

Need an ID to protest, but not to vote. Gotcha.

I also like this
Quote:
DO watch for people who join the march from the public and notify a Marshal.

I guess only authorized protesters are allowed, none of those people from the "public".

These are pieces of advice for marchers, not requirements for attendance. Also included on there is
Quote:
DO Eat a balanced meal and drink plenty of water; avoid sodas
I'd be willing to bet a thousand dollars that they wouldn't kick out a guy just because he's holding a can of coke.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James King
United States
North Central Louisiana / No Longer A Resident of the Shreveport/Bossier City Area
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

RoverGuy wrote:

http://www.truthrevolt.org/news/naacp-bring-photo-id-protest...

Quote:
DO bring photo identification (driver's license, passport or other valid photo ID) with you and keep it on your persons at all times.
Need an ID to protest, but not to vote. Gotcha.

I also like this
Quote:
DO watch for people who join the march from the public and notify a Marshal.
I guess only authorized protesters are allowed, none of those people from the "public".
Nope, the NAACP is NOT being hypocritical, especially since their peaceful form of protesting does occasionally wind up causing protesters to be purposefully arrested for passive disobedience.

If challenged by anybody, including law-enforcement authorities, with valid IDs on their persons, the NAACP protesters can vouch for the fact that they're qualified to vote and certainly locals will be able to assert that right all the moreso.

Besides, holding those IDs aloft in their hands while protesting would be the ultimate defiance because it symbolizes, "We've already got lawful IDs to vote and don't need any other form of special ID to be able to vote!"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James King
United States
North Central Louisiana / No Longer A Resident of the Shreveport/Bossier City Area
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

bjlillo wrote:
Racist hatemongers trying to stop people from exercising their right to protest.
Another case in point that Neanderthal Republican thinking is far from becoming extinct.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James King
United States
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

bjlillo wrote:
ShreveportLAGamer wrote:
Another case in point that Neanderthal Republican thinking is far from becoming extinct.
Democrat party fuckwits: too stupid to recognize obvious sarcasm even when it slaps them in the face.
Before you retreat back into your shell, please be advised that I'm not a Democrat. (I'll grant ya the "fuckwit" part though! )
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James King
United States
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Shushnik wrote:
ShreveportLAGamer wrote:
bjlillo wrote:
ShreveportLAGamer wrote:
Democrat party fuckwits: too stupid to recognize obvious sarcasm even when it slaps them in the face.
Before you retreat back into your shell, please be advised that I'm not a Democrat. (I'll grant ya the "fuckwit" part though! )
So you call him a neanderthal and then you're characterizing his susequent reaction as defensive.
You're absolutely correct. I wasn't nearly as invective as I could have been.

Shushnik wrote:
Are you in a particularly bad mood, or are you making douchebaggery a regular part of your normal repartee?
Since I don't consider B.J. a "douche bag" per se, that would not apply anyway.

*However,* I might be willing to consider taking some lessons from you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Junior McSpiffy
United States
Riverton
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
James, you are missing out on a money-making opportunity. I'm giving you this idea, but I want my 10% cut.

Let's say someone has said all they want to say in a thread and don't want to spend time focusing on it anymore. Or perhaps someone is getting their ass handed to them in a thread and want the thread to be somewhat locked so they don't have to keep flailing away on the losing side of an argument. Or any other reason they may want a thread to stop being read, either by themselves or by others.

They send you a GeekMail, give you the thread address, tip you a GG, and then you go and post once or twice. Now people will see your name and no longer have any desire to read through the thread or participate because of how absolutely soulless it is certain to have become.

Monetize your suck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James King
United States
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

GameCrossing wrote:
James, you are missing out on a money-making opportunity. I'm giving you this idea, but I want my 10% cut.
Sorry, you cannot dictate opinion or restrict others from commenting on your posts. One can, however, abstain from making further comment and by doing so, signal his/her abandonment of the topic. (You just cannot control what readers infer by your abandonment of the topic.)

GameCrossing wrote:
They send you a GeekMail, give you the thread address, tip you a GG, and then you go and post once or twice. Now people will see your name and no longer have any desire to read through the thread or participate because of how absolutely soulless it is certain to have become.

Monetize your suck.
Well, based on what you said above, 10% would be your suck, too.

Well, since what we need then is a more face-saving way of bowing out of a topic gracefully than the image of a white surrender flag, I offer the following images as substitutes worthy of consideration.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Junior McSpiffy
United States
Riverton
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ShreveportLAGamer wrote:

GameCrossing wrote:
Sorry, you cannot dictate opinion or restrict others from commenting on your posts. One can, however, abstain from making further comment and by doing so, signal his/her abandonment of the topic. (You just cannot control what readers infer by your abandonment of the topic.)

See? This is what I was talking about. But quit giving out free samples. You're devaluing the product when you do that.

ShreveportLAGamer wrote:

GameCrossing wrote:

Monetize your suck.

That theory only holds if you believe Aaron Rodgers' agent possesses 10% of Rodgers' football talent. I came up with the idea for you. I just don't suck-to-holy-hell bad enough to implement it myself.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James King
United States
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

GameCrossing wrote:
ShreveportLAGamer wrote:
GameCrossing wrote:
See? This is what I was talking about. But quit giving out free samples. You're devaluing the product when you do that.

GameCrossing wrote:
ShreveportLAGamer wrote:
GameCrossing wrote:
Monetize your suck.
That theory only holds if you believe Aaron Rodgers' agent possesses 10% of Rodgers' football talent. I came up with the idea for you. I just don't suck-to-holy-hell bad enough to implement it myself.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bjlillo wrote:
Racist hatemongers trying to stop people from exercising their right to protest.
Yep, that's the point of ID cards, restricting democratic rights.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bjlillo wrote:
ShreveportLAGamer wrote:

MMm, maybe he was being humorous too?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls