Subject: Wave 2 Finalized and Available for Free Download rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
E. A.
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The finalized rules for all wave 2 models (all remaining models except for avatars) are available for free download from the Wyrd website *HERE*. As with wave 1, the cards will be printed with art and will be available in arsenal packs later this year.

The open beta for avatars begins this week.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Johansson
Sweden
Linköping
flag msg tools
I spent 200 GG and all I got was this lousy overtext!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is wave 1 available for DL somewhere?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
E. A.
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Orcoteuthis wrote:

Not anymore, but because the beta was public and free you may still find someone with the last version of the wave 1 beta files if you dig around. While they might be good enough to get the feel of a new crew or to get a sense of the game, there were minor changes when wave 1 was finalized and printed. The Malifaux core rulebook (not the smaller format rule manual) includes all the stats and rules for wave 1 miniatures and is due for a restock at the end of the month.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Johansson
Sweden
Linköping
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Swalwell
United Kingdom
London
Greater London
flag msg tools
badge
Gamer in All Mediums
mbmbmbmbmb
Orcoteuthis wrote:

Just in case you weren't aware: They also released a load of packs of cards - one for each faction - which includes all the wave one figure cards and upgrades. They're available from a few on-line sites still, e.g: http://www.firestormgames.co.uk/malifaux/15112.

They're going to do the same for Wave 2 once they've playtested Avatars. With all those packs, I believe you'll have at least one card for every figure that it's possible to play in 2nd ed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jussi
Finland
flag msg tools
Those first wave arsenal decks include several card for basic minions usually and for enforcers, masters and hencmans there is usually only one card. Also those decks include all faction upgrades that are in first wave core rulebook. For exmple there is 3 punk zompie (basic minions on faction) card on Resurrectionists arsenal deck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henry Rodriguez
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I looked at a video showing the contents a Neverborn arsenal pack, as well as downloading the Wave 2 card PDF.

Neither of those have the cards I need for the box sets I acquired early in 2013, namely The Thunders (w/ Misaki) & Dark Debts (w/ Jakob Lynch) sets. Where are the new cards for those, or do I not need new cards for those?

Your help is appreciated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
callidusx3 wrote:
I looked at a video showing the contents a Neverborn arsenal pack, as well as downloading the Wave 2 card PDF.

Neither of those have the cards I need for the box sets I acquired early in 2013, namely The Thunders (w/ Misaki) & Dark Debts (w/ Jakob Lynch) sets. Where are the new cards for those, or do I not need new cards for those?

Your help is appreciated.

The cards for both are in the Ten Thunders Arsenal Deck, I believe.

However, if you have the 2nd Edition box sets, then the cards in the Arsenal Deck are exactly the same as those that came in the boxes (but the Arsenal Deck also includes cards for all the other Wave 1 Ten Thunders models and Upgrades, including some generic Upgrades which can only be obtained that way, so is worth considering buying).

I'm not sure whether either of those sets had a 1st Edition equivalent or not (I only started playing recently).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
E. A.
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Your cards from early 2013 are most likely the 1st edition cards that correspond to the releases in book 4, the last book in 1st edition. If the cards you have fold out like a book they are 1st ed. and if they are regular playing-card sized, they're 2nd ed.

As Scott mentioned, the 2nd ed. Misaki and Lynch cards are available in the 10T arsenal deck available *HERE*.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henry Rodriguez
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Scott & Erik!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Edwards
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is this file (wave 2) still available? Maybe I just don't know what I'm looking at, but I'm not seeing it on the site.

I'm trying to get into this game and am getting a little frustrated at all the running around required to find rules for my models.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Swalwell
United Kingdom
London
Greater London
flag msg tools
badge
Gamer in All Mediums
mbmbmbmbmb
Oph1d1an wrote:
Is this file (wave 2) still available? Maybe I just don't know what I'm looking at, but I'm not seeing it on the site.

I'm trying to get into this game and am getting a little frustrated at all the running around required to find rules for my models.

I believe it was taken down when the decks became available for purchase.

What exactly are you looking for?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Edwards
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Whoops, saw the Feb 10 date on this post but didn't realize it was 2014. I'm looking for the cards for Lucius and crew (I have the old metal minis of his). I was told they should be in the wave 2 box, but have been having trouble finding one. Saw this and thought they must not be out yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Swalwell
United Kingdom
London
Greater London
flag msg tools
badge
Gamer in All Mediums
mbmbmbmbmb
Oph1d1an wrote:
Whoops, saw the Feb 10 date on this post but didn't realize it was 2014. I'm looking for the cards for Lucius and crew (I have the old metal minis of his). I was told they should be in the wave 2 box, but have been having trouble finding one. Saw this and thought they must not be out yet.

They have been out a while.

Unfortunately, Lucius is a fairly complicated set due to the fact that some of his models are Wave One, and some are Wave Two.

You will need both boxed sets to get all the cards.

Alternatively, you can get the Core Rulebook which contains the Wave One stats (note: this is NOT the A5 Rules Manual which is trimmed down to be stat-less), and Crossroads which contains the Wave Two stats.

(Indeed, you can get any combination of books and boxes, provided you get one that covers wave one, and one that covers wave two.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls