Popular Tags: [View All]
Eduardo Cruz
Portugal
Arcozelo - Vila Nova de Gaia
Porto
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There's one thing in the faq in the first edition that caught my attention because it's not mentioned in the second edition rulebook anywhere (at least I think so).

Here it is:
"Once a unit gets into combat, it’s done moving for the turn. It can still conduct non-Move actions if the player still has actions left
over but that unit cannot do any more Movement of any kind."

So, my question is: is it true? Can't I make an gunfire attack, then move my player's unit, for instante, to the town center and do a forage action or another gunfire action there (supposing that I have 3 or more action this turn) with the same unit? Because if it is so, it would be quite a challenge to change priorities, targeting the marching zeds. zombie

One note: If you do an map movement and enters an space with a chaos marker, your're done with that unit, since it can't do more actions for the rest of the turn. And at the end of the turn, if it is a player's unit (not Pickles) you will remove that chaos marker and increase the infection rate by 1.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lines J. Hutter
Germany
Munich
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For your first part: I always assumed that this is just for HtH combat and not for gunfire.
When entering a Chaos space you cannot do anything except an attack or a manhunt action. As for the attack I'm still not sure if this is only HTH or also gunfire.
I'm sure Hermann will clarify these for us.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
HERMANN LUTTMANN
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Gents!
Right - you can only Move a unit once. When you do it is not important, as you can do actions before and after the move. When you hit a Chaos space, you must stop the unit's move and conduct any necessary HTH Combat with a Zed unit (if there's one there). Otherwise, you can still do actions other than another Move. Yes, that includes Gunfire from that position. At the end of everything, you Restore Order.
I hope that helps.
Hermann
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eduardo Cruz
Portugal
Arcozelo - Vila Nova de Gaia
Porto
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sure it helps. So, for instance, you can move engaging in HtH Combat (on a non-chaos place) and then do an gunfire action with that same unit, right?
Thanks a lot to both of you.
Especially you Hermann for creating such an amazing, tense, thematic game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
HERMANN LUTTMANN
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, Eduardo! My pleasure.
Yes, you can issue Gunfire in that case, as long as you have the Actions to do so.
Herm
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls