Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
19 Posts

Star Trek: Attack Wing» Forums » General

Subject: Future Purchases rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
This weekend I was sorting and rearranging my storage boxes for Attack Wing in anticipation of Wave 3's release. It dawned on me that I have a lot of ships (at least one of everything, and often duplicates). Some of these ships and definitely some of the cards I've never even played. With so many ships and so may options available, it is starting to get just a little overwhelming. Beginning with Wave 4 new factions are being introduced to the game. Some of them are really cool like the Borg. Others, I'm not so sure about (looking at you Kazon). Because I'm a completist, I'll probably get one of everything. But as I look at it right now, I'm not sure. I'm definitely not getting multiples like I did when the game first came out. There simply isn't a need for it in my mind. Even if I do get one of everything, I'm not sure I see myself playing Kazon, Independents, or Species 8472.

So, what are you going to do? What factions will you purchase and play beginning with Wave 4 and moving forward?

Note: I know the Vulcan ships are likely to be Federation or Independent faction, but I listed them separately since it seems at this point they could almost be their own faction (kind of like Dominion with three very different races, ships, tech and crew).

Poll
What factions will you be purchasing and playing?
Federation
Klingon
Romulan
Dominion
Borg
Species 8472
Bajoran
Independent
Kazon
Mirror Universe
Ferengi
Vulcan
      71 answers
Poll created by Midwest Razorback
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trueflight Silverwing
United States
Waverly
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I will always collect at least one of everything. More of the ships I like or that come with very nice upgrades (I own 3 Valdores). In the very least, I like the collection, but it also lets friends who come over to play try out the game from whatever faction and ships they like. I have gotten several people interested in the game by letting them play their favorite factions, even it if is one that I will likely never play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan M D Thomas
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Atleast 1 of everything. Depending on what other stuff we see, I'll find one of the factions and double or triple up. The 8472 ships could be fun to have 3-4 of.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon NyD

Denver
Colorado
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Collect and play at least 1 of everything. The game needs to be experienced fully!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Hensel
United States
Kyle
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am also planning on collecting one of everything. I typically don't buy multiples because of the reduced value per cost, and the only multiples I have are from a second starter set and three additional ships that a friend sold to me for less than half of retail cost because he wanted to streamline his collection. Other than that, I have one of everything except the Krayton.

I absolutely love the case I use for storage and transportation of my Attack Wing collection, but I'm quickly outgrowing it. I've already had to move my cards out of their tuckboxes I made to keep in the case and bought a separate card box for them, which is where I also keep my dice, sideboards, and flagship cards and stands. I think I'm going to move to storing everything in several smaller cases that can fit into something like a gym bag, but I'm still up in the air on how I want to expand/rework my storage solution.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Prime Time
United States
New Plymouth
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I know it's cheesy but....

I'll buy one of each because resistance is futile.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Prime Time
United States
New Plymouth
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mr_Tricorder wrote:
I am also planning on collecting one of everything. I typically don't buy multiples because of the reduced value per cost, and the only multiples I have are from a second starter set and three additional ships that a friend sold to me for less than half of retail cost because he wanted to streamline his collection. Other than that, I have one of everything except the Krayton.

I absolutely love the case I use for storage and transportation of my Attack Wing collection, but I'm quickly outgrowing it. I've already had to move my cards out of their tuckboxes I made to keep in the case and bought a separate card box for them, which is where I also keep my dice, sideboards, and flagship cards and stands. I think I'm going to move to storing everything in several smaller cases that can fit into something like a gym bag, but I'm still up in the air on how I want to expand/rework my storage solution.

What are you using for storage now?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan Dunn
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
You toast the waffle.
badge
In a syrupy voice, the awful waffle walker tries to butter you up.
mbmbmbmbmb
I won't buy anything from Voyager, Enterprise or any TNG movie past First contact.

Anything else is fair game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jester3380439
United States
Whitewater
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
How about some Section 31...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Percival
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I certainly plan on one of everything. I'll get multiples if I think I'll need them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C. E. Freeman
United States
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I plan on buying 1 of everything. However some, like the Borg for example, might require multiples to be playable as a faction when they first come out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Spurrier
msg tools
mbmbmb
It depends on the wave. I know I am not interested in the Somraw. Species 8472 and the Kazon really dont appeal to me. In fact I find myself not interested in any faction not consistently supported.

I am actually more excited for op 5 and 6 participation prize.

With that being said tje Val Jean and Bajoran Interceptor seem cool. Especiallycsince i want to do a Maquis fleet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Hensel
United States
Kyle
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
primtim34 wrote:
Mr_Tricorder wrote:

What are you using for storage now?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leo Zappa
United States
Aliquippa
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
While I'll happily play any faction, the only ones I'm going to spend my own money on are the "big four" - Feds, Klingons, Roms, and Dominion. Those four are enough to play out battles and missions evocative of the source material. For me, I want to be able to immerse myself in the primary factions with a large variety of ships and upgrades for each. Here is a quick example of a mission I played yesterday using Romulans and Klingons from the starter and four expansions...

The other "minor" factions, while interesting, do not appear to be able to allow for the fleshing out of well-rounded sides with a sufficient number of options. The Borg might be an exception, but I've never found the Borg terribly interesting from a tactical standpoint, though the Borg storylines were always enjoyable. Frankly, I'd rather buy additional Fed/Rom/Kling/Dom ships than to buy into these ancillary factions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C. E. Freeman
United States
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I will definitely be getting the Borg, but I'm more interested in playing against them than with them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Evans
United States
Sunnyvale
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
quietcorn wrote:
I won't buy anything from Voyager, Enterprise or any TNG movie past First contact.

Anything else is fair game.

Do you own a IRW Valdore? whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brook Gentlestream
United States
Long Beach
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am interested in collecting the three races that come in the base game, since I had a headstart on collecting those: Klingons, Federation, and Romulans. I am considering picking up another base set to get more of these ships.

I am also interested in picking up some Borg, but I want the cubes rather than the Spheres.

I may skip the Equinox, but I'll definitely pick up Voyager. I'd also like to get a Maq'uis raider ship.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Read the rulebook, plan for all contingencies, and…read the rulebook again.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Even though I'm pretty much just an Original Series fan, I enjoy the game enough that I can't imagine not getting at least one of everything WK will produce.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Grazier
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
Check out my boardgame demoing website! www.geek-craft.com
badge
Near northeast Ohio? Come to one of my game nights! www.geek-craft.com
mbmbmbmbmb
I buy one of everything and play what I think makes the most sense for that event or game. I've played all four current factions (excluding Ferengi... )

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls