David Umstattd
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
All Hail Lelouch
mbmbmbmb
What intrinsic attributes do immobile allies have? Is it just an unloaded keyword? Is their location significant? Never seemed to find anything in the rulebook on this. I assume that allies that are immobile can't be killed by cards that say "kill an ally with you." Like quicksand. Is that it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Markus Weihrauch
Germany
Frankfurt
Hessen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In one of the expansions there are references to immobile allies. Can't quite remember which one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Banana Pants
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Yummy
mbmbmbmbmb
David Umstattd wrote:
What intrinsic attributes do immobile allies have? Is it just an unloaded keyword? Is their location significant? Never seemed to find anything in the rulebook on this. I assume that allies that are immobile can't be killed by cards that say "kill an ally with you." Like quicksand. Is that it?

Suppose you are in a desert space, and a villain event card targets allies in a desert space. The president, located in Washington, DC does not count as being in the desert with you. However, it DOES count towards your ally carrying limit of 3.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Malkowski
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What happens to an Ally in a city that is taken over by the Nazi's of the mob? Do you lose the ally (discarded) or is he unavailable until the city is liberated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Umstattd
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
All Hail Lelouch
mbmbmbmb
No effect I know of. But that sounds like a good house rule. (Roll for loyalty or something)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel U. Thibault
Canada
Québec
Québec
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No, that is precisely one of the key effects with Immobile allies: they are incommunicado while their city is occupied.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Smith
United States
Duncan
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Urhixidur wrote:
No, that is precisely one of the key effects with Immobile allies: they are incommunicado while their city is occupied.

Would you happen to know where that is found in the rules?

I know I've seen it somewhere once, and I can't seem to find it again.blush

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
don hoe

Massachusetts
msg tools
Urhixidur wrote:

That's not in the rules from what I see. I think if it was it would also mention putting a mob or nazi marker on them to donate them as incommunicado.

Pg. 9 it says "Some Alies that are Immobile have a Location listed are not considered to be with the hero but still help them remotely. This has no direct effect on gameplay and they do still count against the Hero's Carrying Limit."

So Location has no bearing on the game but Immobile does cause if they are Immobile they're not traveling with the Hero. Really have to look at the wording on these FFP rulebooks an awful lot.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Hurd
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just as an aside, there are events on the Major City Epic Event Chart that can affect Immobile Allies and Gear.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls