United States
Oak Forest
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
This from the FFG Wave 4 announcement:
Quote:
For example, by partnering R7-T1 with Advanced Sensors on a ship piloted by someone like Etahn A’baht, who is capable of using Push the Limit*, you could perform three actions before you reveal your maneuver. And if that maneuver is green, Etahn A’baht would even end his Activation phase without a stress token!

The "*" after Push the limit is a footnote to a comment below the article that says:
Quote:
*The Push the Limit upgrade comes in the A-Wing Expansion Pack and Imperial Aces. It is not included in the E-Wing Expansion Pack.

There is no such Asterisk after Advanced Sensors. You can probably safely assume that the E-Wing expansion includes this coveted card.

Or you could just look at the picture.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Pitsch
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Piqsid wrote:
This from the FFG Wave 4 announcement:
Quote:
For example, by partnering R7-T1 with Advanced Sensors on a ship piloted by someone like Etahn A’baht, who is capable of using Push the Limit*, you could perform three actions before you reveal your maneuver. And if that maneuver is green, Etahn A’baht would even end his Activation phase without a stress token!

The "*" after Push the limit is a footnote to a comment below the article that says:
Quote:
*The Push the Limit upgrade comes in the A-Wing Expansion Pack and Imperial Aces. It is not included in the E-Wing Expansion Pack.

There is no such Asterisk after Advanced Sensors. You can probably safely assume that the E-Wing expansion includes this coveted card.

Or you could just look at the picture.

Noooo I bought 5 of them!!!

(But later sold one,down to 4)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken
United States
West Palm Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
The goal is to win; but we play to have fun - Me <-- I said that.
badge
The world is what we make of it. So why not make it a better place?
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't play tourney's so... we use proxies,

But... wouldn't mind owning a couple.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott S
msg tools
Yeah, and the fact that you can see the Advanced Sensors upgrade in the card fan...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Pontier
United States
Oak Forest
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Sithborg wrote:
Yeah, and the fact that you can see the Advanced Sensors upgrade in the card fan...

Hush . . .

I did all of my deducing and wrote it all out before I noticed that. I felt it a shame to waste the key strokes.

Like I'm doing now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Derksen
Canada
Toronto
ON
flag msg tools
designer
armoredgear7.net
badge
Heroes of the Aturi Cluster dockingbay416.com/campaign
mbmbmbmbmb
However if you still need more Sensor Jammers, by all means continue buying shuttles
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moritz MacBenic
Germany
Bavaria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
armoredgear7 wrote:
However if you still need more Sensor Jammers, by all means continue buying shuttles

Oh, yeah… those…

Hey FFG, please put the Sensor Jammers in the K-Wing Expansion in Wave 5.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Waspinator
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Between this and Imperial Aces having Push the Limit, it seems like FFG realizes that certain cards are way more in demand than the ships they came with originally.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert M.
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
TheWaspinator wrote:
Between this and Imperial Aces having Push the Limit, it seems like FFG realizes that certain cards are way more in demand than the ships they came with originally.
That, and Advanced Sensors are going to be really frickin' good on the E-wing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle G
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
I can't imagine a ship that advanced sensors wouldn't be good on, if only to prevent loss of actions
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
LucCros
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Effenhoog wrote:
I can't imagine a ship that advanced sensors wouldn't be good on, if only to prevent loss of actions

Tie-Adv, with Vader piloting as you lose his ability ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cletus Van Damme

Illinois
msg tools
mbmbmb
Some of us buy them because we aren't lucky enough to win them at tournaments you know
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Swedge Swedge
msg tools
I got 4 shuttles just so I could build a 4 shuttle squad.. not that i probably ever will.. i just like having every 100 point squad possibility covered... and also so i can be a butt-head if folks try to use proxy advanced sensors..lol No not really... I would be happy to just find folks to play locally!!yuk

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Woodworth
Japan
flag msg tools
Swedge66 wrote:
I got 4 shuttles just so I could build a 4 shuttle squad.. not that i probably ever will.. i just like having every 100 point squad possibility covered... and also so i can be a butt-head if folks try to use proxy advanced sensors..lol No not really... I would be happy to just find folks to play locally!!yuk

Did you get 6 HWKs? Inquiring minds want to know.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Romeo
Canada
Chicoutimi
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmb
Are shuttles that bad???? I mean I'll probably get one eventually to own at least one copy of every ship... But why is there so many ships considered bad in this game? (Shuttle, Tie advanced, HWK, A-Wing, Y-Wing, Tie Bomber, etc)

Also why are Y-wing with ion cannon considered that bad? Against a swarm wouldn't it be good? You still do 1 damage (3 attack vs 3 defense often results in 1 damage...) and you can break their formation?

I probably SUCK at this game but still...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken
United States
West Palm Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There's a guy on FFG's forum that uses a 3 shuttle build and has been wining.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken
United States
West Palm Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry left off the list:

SableGryphon's Mystical Void Ungulates (also know as magical space cows):

2x Omicron Group Pilots
+ Fire Control Systems
+ Gunner
+ Engine Upgrades

Captain Yorr
+ Same

Firstly, there's the FCS+Gunner interaction, which is as follows:
1. Attack
2. Gain a target-lock on the defender
3. If step 1 resulted in 0 damage, Attack
4. Spend the Target-Lock from step 2, even if you're only re-rolling 1 die.
5. Gain a target-lock on the defender.

Note that this is very familiar to Han Solo + Gunner in damage. We also call this a Buzzsaw or Chainsaw shuttle, or did until the Albino Bovine Narhwal naming convention came into being.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert M.
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Ken at Sunrise wrote:

1. Attack
I'm hoping this is addressed in the next FAQ update, but the problem here is that the Gunner says you should "immediately" make an attack, and the FCS happens in regular time. So the order probably goes like this:

(1) Attack and miss.
(2) Attack again.
(3) Acquire a target lock against the target of Attack #1.
(4) Acquire a target lock against the target of Attack #2.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken
United States
West Palm Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Vorpal Sword wrote:
So the order probably goes like this:

(1) Attack and miss.
(2) Attack again.

I hope so to, but since there is no example of stacking in SW:XW that I know of then I'm hoping this isn't the case. But???

I thought it was discussed at length over at FFG? I tend to stay away from their forum.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert M.
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Ken at Sunrise wrote:
Vorpal Sword wrote:
So the order probably goes like this:

(1) Attack and miss.
(2) Attack again.

I hope so to, but since there is no example of stacking in SW:XW that I know of then I'm hoping this isn't the case. But???

I thought it was discussed at length over at FFG? I tend to stay away from their forum.
I stay away from there, too, so I don't know.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeremy betsch
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
KingAnus3 wrote:
Are shuttles that bad???? I mean I'll probably get one eventually to own at least one copy of every ship... But why is there so many ships considered bad in this game? (Shuttle, Tie advanced, HWK, A-Wing, Y-Wing, Tie Bomber, etc)

Also why are Y-wing with ion cannon considered that bad? Against a swarm wouldn't it be good? You still do 1 damage (3 attack vs 3 defense often results in 1 damage...) and you can break their formation?

I probably SUCK at this game but still...

Shuttle - Several specific builds have turned what once was the most disparaged ship in the game into a monster on the playing field. For example, Doombus (Omicron with Vader), Buzzsaw (Gunner + FCS, normally with an engine upgrade) and the original Glorious Galactic Giant (Advanced Sensors and Engine Upgrade) are all standards now

Advanced - True, 3/4 of the ships are overpriced, but they are effective dogfighters, decent missile platforms, and Vader is the most defensive ship in the game with either PTL or Engine Upgrade (or both) or engine upgrade with daredevil, he's the most maneuverable

HWK - The cheapest Ion turret platform for the rebels makes the generic HWK useful, and the other three have AMAZING support abilities. Just... don't let it out of the hanger without some sort of turret

A-wing - Currently the Rebel's cheapest ship, a GSP with PTL is an amazing finisher for your heavy hitter, and is tough to take down. Tycho with PTL is even better, and a 5-ship swarm of prototypes with stealth devices is annoying to kill. A GSP with PTL and a missile makes for the rebel's best missile carrier at a low PS.

Y-wing - The original and still tankiest torpedo and turret carrier for the rebels, and more agile than people give it credit for in a dogfight, the Y is a surprisingly effective ship. Dutch is commonly reffered to as one of the best supporting pilot in the game, and is a staple for many players and squads.

Bomber - Most effective munitions platform in the game, can carry a wide variety of ordinance. Most effective ship in the game at dropping bombs. Has a ton of HP and good defense, with a decent dial, means it can keep up in a dogfight after it's missiles/torpedos/bombs are away

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Brown
United States
Fort Wayne
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
There is no reason to have two A's at the beginning of aardvark. I simply won't do it.
mbmbmbmbmb
Vorpal Sword wrote:
Ken at Sunrise wrote:

1. Attack
I'm hoping this is addressed in the next FAQ update, but the problem here is that the Gunner says you should "immediately" make an attack, and the FCS happens in regular time. So the order probably goes like this:

(1) Attack and miss.
(2) Attack again.

I get what you're saying, but I feel like that was not the intent of using the word "immediately". I agree they should put it into the FAQ either way to make sure people aren't confused, but I think you may be over-reading it. They've already discussed things happening at the same time can happen in any order you so choose, and I think this will fall under that jurisdiction even with the word "immediately" tossing a monkey wrench into it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
LucCros
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
killerardvark wrote:
Vorpal Sword wrote:
Ken at Sunrise wrote:

1. Attack

(1) Attack and miss.
(2) Attack again.

I get what you're saying, but I feel like that was not the intent of using the word "immediately". I agree they should put it into the FAQ either way to make sure people aren't confused, but I think you may be over-reading it. They've already discussed things happening at the same time can happen in any order you so choose, and I think this will fall under that jurisdiction even with the word "immediately" tossing a monkey wrench into it.

Maybe "immediately" was included to specifically prevent things like the FCS + Gunner combo...
The Gunner card could have read "After you perform an attack that does not hit, you may immediately perform a primary weapon attack. You cannot perform another attack this round."
Why put immediately in there if you can indeed resolve something else before doing what you are immediately supposed to do?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Swedge Swedge
msg tools
ravncat wrote:
Swedge66 wrote:

Did you get 6 HWKs? Inquiring minds want to know.
No I currently only have 4 but will eventually pick up two more when i find them on sale or something. I think the only reason i didn't get 6 is that i find them the ugliest ships in the game..lol just something about the anahedrial of the wings and the sweep back angle, looks like a 6 year old stuck it together.. but i know that's how it supposedly actually looked...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls