Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Austin Fusilier
Canada
Hamilton
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So I'm looking around my FLGS-es, then confirmed it after a few internet investigations, and I notice I'm not seeing much available stock for the Memoir expansions. Air Pack and Campaign Book vol 1 have been discontinued, I know, but I'm having trouble tracking down a store with the rest of the expansions in stock, too.

Are we at the end of a reprint cycle waiting to reboot? Or am I just not going to find these expansions in an FLGS to pick up and should resign myself to paying shipping fees?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil McDonald
England
Staffordshire
UK
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bafusilier wrote:
So I'm looking around my FLGS-es, then confirmed it after a few internet investigations, and I notice I'm not seeing much available stock for the Memoir expansions. Air Pack and Campaign Book vol 1 have been discontinued, I know, but I'm having trouble tracking down a store with the rest of the expansions in stock, too.

Are we at the end of a reprint cycle waiting to reboot? Or am I just not going to find these expansions in an FLGS to pick up and should resign myself to paying shipping fees?

The non-discontinued expansions are usually available at reasonable prices on ebay.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brown
Canada
hamilton
ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Austin,

I may have a line on an Air Pack for you if you are interested.

Jason

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Austin Fusilier
Canada
Hamilton
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sent you GeekMail.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Stahler Jr.
United States
Wheelock
Vermont
flag msg tools
Check out Truesight and other award-winning fiction at davidstahlerjr.com!
mbmbmbmbmb
You can get the Air Pack book (which is well worth it for the scenario compilation) and Campaign Book Vol. 1 in .pdf form through the DOW site. I think they're only $10 each. They don't come with the components, obviously, but they're still very usable in .pdf format.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Hautemont
United States
Los Altos
California
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
If you have trouble finding any specific expansion at your FLGS, they are currently all in stock on our web store at www.daysofwonder.com

The only exception is the Air Pack and Campaign Book volume 1, which are OOP but available in PDF format.

Eric @ DoW
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Austin Fusilier
Canada
Hamilton
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the replies, everyone!

One note of clarification - and special thanks to Eric at Days of Wonder for his reply! - but I was investigating the FLGS option because shipping to Canada (where I live) is cost prohibitive from the US, even from the Days of Wonder website (where a $30 USD expansion becomes ~$55 USD [$61 CAD] when it has to go to the Great White North).

Also, I'm not sure how it works in the US (and probably it's different?) but EBay is largely disappointing in my experience, given the propensity of sellers to list the product cheaply (Mediterranean Theater for $15!!) and then make it all up and more on the shipping ($60 to ship to Canada!). This is hyperbole, but:

It's a practice that has prompted me to actively avoid EBay, but that's a topic for another time. :-)

Anyway, thanks for the replies - and thanks to those who reached out via GeekMail, too!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil McDonald
England
Staffordshire
UK
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bafusilier wrote:
Thanks for the replies, everyone!

One note of clarification - and special thanks to Eric at Days of Wonder for his reply! - but I was investigating the FLGS option because shipping to Canada (where I live) is cost prohibitive from the US, even from the Days of Wonder website (where a $30 USD expansion becomes ~$55 USD [$61 CAD] when it has to go to the Great White North).

Also, I'm not sure how it works in the US (and probably it's different?) but EBay is largely disappointing in my experience, given the propensity of sellers to list the product cheaply (Mediterranean Theater for $15!!) and then make it all up and more on the shipping ($60 to ship to Canada!). This is hyperbole, but:

It's a practice that has prompted me to actively avoid EBay, but that's a topic for another time. :-)

Anyway, thanks for the replies - and thanks to those who reached out via GeekMail, too!

Don't people who LIVE in Canada actually list on ebay? I was assuming they did

Surely domestic shipping isn't inflated?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Austin Fusilier
Canada
Hamilton
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
philmcd wrote:

Oddly, there's not much Memoir 44 listed on EBay.ca that ships from Canada. Most of what is there is from the US. Not sure if this will work (as EBay seems to plug-in the searcher's locale), but here's the listing when I enter "Memoir 44" with my location:

http://www.ebay.ca/sch/i.html?_sacat=0&_from=R40&_nkw=memoir...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil McDonald
England
Staffordshire
UK
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bafusilier wrote:
philmcd wrote:

Oddly, there's not much Memoir 44 listed on EBay.ca that ships from Canada. Most of what is there is from the US. Not sure if this will work (as EBay seems to plug-in the searcher's locale), but here's the listing when I enter "Memoir 44" with my location:

http://www.ebay.ca/sch/i.html?_sacat=0&_from=R40&_nkw=memoir...

Checked that link and there seems to be a fair few expansions with about 18 can dollars shipping. I don't know how much that is in REAL money and whether they offer combine shipping. Sounds a lot less than you quoted from USA anyway.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Bing
Canada
Cambridge
Ontario
flag msg tools
a thousand words are better
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bafusilier wrote:
Also, I'm not sure how it works in the US (and probably it's different?) but EBay is largely disappointing in my experience, given the propensity of sellers to list the product cheaply (Mediterranean Theater for $15!!) and then make it all up and more on the shipping ($60 to ship to Canada!).

Just a quick note: although shipping to Canada can be expensive (board games are often big and heavy) the EBay shipping calculator is notoriously bad. You can often contact the seller and ask them for a better quote or different shipping method if something really catches your eye. Flat rate box shipping is probably the worst culprit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A D
Canada
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Did you try

http://www.supernovagames.ca/search?q=memoir

it's in Canada.

They have very cheap prices and low shipping cost. $8 Que and Ont. $10 for the other provinces. Free over $125.

I ordered once from them in the past and I was satisfied. There was one item they couldn't get.

Note: They have a few items in French but it's easy to see as the description is in French.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Austin Fusilier
Canada
Hamilton
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I hadn't - thanks for the heads up!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Gibson
United States
San Diego (Scripps Ranch)
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought the Air Pack when it first became available. However, if I hadn't, then I believe, due to the current market cost for this expansion, that I'd likely buy compatible mini's from one of the many vendors who make them. Then, I would reproduce the flying tactic cards from photo paper.

My feeling is that I'll support the game supplier, and I have with all of the expansions. However, when the demand begins to drive the cost to the level that it's currently at, then the supplier either produces another run or I look for another alternative.

By the way, Supernova Games lists the Air Pack as out of stock.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Kennedy
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
bafusilier wrote:

Recently, I've noticed my go-to game store, which historically kept most everything in stock, has a diminishing amount of M44 product. The last time I was there, there was literally no M44 product. This was odd because the store is very large and has tons of other games from other publishers.

I asked the owner/manager about this. He told me DOW had a new distributor and he was having a very hard time getting M44 product. It was too bad for him. I know I can buy the stuff online. I like his store so much that I like to buy games there and support the place. M44 is always an easy choice for me. Regardless, the difficulty of getting product at the retail level seemed odd. Perhaps, DOW is up to something?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls