Popular Tags: [View All]
Scooter of the Ancients
United States
West Chester
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hi Interwebs...
So, my next personal challenge to myself was to use KHAN!! in a fleet.
I like playing Dominion last time around so this is what I came up with...

Admirals Orders: United Force

5th Wing Attack Ship - IndyFlag (Battlestations)
Captain: KHAN!!
Weapon: Phased Polaron Beam
Crew: Boheeka*, Breen Aide*

Kraxon
Captain: Gul Dukat
Weapon: Forward Weapon Grid*

Koranak
Captain: Sar

* This item is paid for with my Admirals Orders.

So... what would YOU do differently?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Caputo
United States
Overland Park
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
switch Khan and Flag to Koranak oh and Boheeka

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Anderson
United States
Greer
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
KHAN won OP5 at the venue I play at.

KHAN on the USS Reliant.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Hensel
United States
Kyle
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Which Khan are you using? I haven't bothered figuring out the point values of each card and adding them up to figure out which Khan fits mathematically. I ask mainly because I had a good experience recently with putting 8-skill Khan (from the Reliant) on the Koranak with the Independent (battlestations) flagship and Boheeka. With that combination, most of your dice will hit and almost half of them will be critical hits. It's super-devestating, especially to cloakers. You want to keep the Flagship, Khan, and Boheeka together because you want Khan and Boheeka to both benefit from the free Battlestations token, but you also want that combination on the Koranak and not on the 5th Wing Attack Ship for three reasons.

First, the Koranak already has the highest attack value, so that combination is going to be more effective when more dice are involved.

Second, the Koranak's special ability to make two separate attacks at a reduced attack value becomes much more potent once you increase the quality of the dice rolled with Battlestaions, Boheeka, and Khan.

Third, the ship that has this Flagship, Khan, and Boheeka is going to become your opponent's primary target, and the Koranak is the least likely of these three ships to get destroyed prematurely because of its higher shield and hull stats. Plus, you'll have an easier time keeping the Kraxon within range 1 of the Koranak than the 5th Wing Attack ship in order to provide that extra protection.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scooter of the Ancients
United States
West Chester
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Reliant Khan.

I've got the idea in my head of using his Battlestations ability with the Phased Polaron Beam to increase the chance of scoring some Hull Criticals early on. With Free BS + Scan + Boheeka and Breen Aide = At Least Two Hits. My original plan involved Khan on the Jem'Hadar Battleship, but the Wave 3 release delay scrapped that plan.

If I flew only two ships (and I might decide to do that) I would pay the extra to put the Polaron Beam on Koranak, but with three ships, that's no so doable.

Also, the BS Flag gives an Agility boost, so putting it on a ship which already had a Higher Agility seemed like a plan that might work out (in one iteration, I considered Sar + Attack Ship + Flagship)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls