mbmbmbmbmb
Personal Experience with the game:
8 Games - Rome has won once...

Bias based on winning:
Probably win 25%

Bias based on owning:
None

Brief back story
As a member of the Roman empire, but outside of Rome, can you become the next leader of the empire by acquiring the resources to prove best leader among your rivals?

1000 meter view:
In this game, you are drafting cards to build a stronger tableau compared to your opponents. There are seven categories of resources that you will compete in (and against Rome) to become the champion. On your turn you draw a card and choose to do one of: take the card, put the card onto the table stacks, or put the card under the draw deck. Do this two more times such that you have done each action once. Next, you can buy a pile of cards from the table. Third, play cards where each additional card costs more. Finally, get income based on cards played. Each of the seven categories will give you different benefits in each of the phases of a turn and at the end of the game. Once all the cards are gone from the draw deck check if the collection of all of you defeated Rome (if you don't beat Rome one of you, the conspirator, wins). If you do beat Rome, then the person with the most victory points wins.

Liked:
- This is a great, quick drafting game that I think is better than Biblios in terms of added complexity.

Didn't Like:
- Artwork is Okay.
- Icons on the conspirator cards and land cards seem to cause new players confusion.

What did I learn about playing well:
Diversity is important, and those on the road of non conspiracy need to watch what cards move to Rome.

Rating:
On BGG I gave it 8/10.

Real Verdict:
I argue with my wife that a ten rating scale is irrelevant for restaurants. I either won't go back, will go back, or want to go back.
Want to go back ninja

Peter out
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bernd Eisenstein
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you Peter for that quick review!