Thomas Cox
Canada
flag msg tools
Hello,

My brother had a game that we played in the mid to late 80s (for all I know it could be older). It was collectible not in the same way as Magic the Gathering or any similar game is, you collected characters, for instance I remember him having a skeleton, ogre, Arabesque Warrior etc.

My memory of it is a little foggy and I fear I may be adding details that didn't exist, but i'll try to explain.

If I remember correctly you would see an image of your opponent's previous move, so part of the strategy is based on that,
for example if you perform some overhead bash maneuver you cannot do a subsequent overhead move.. if that makes any sense?

Part of me thinks there were booklets that came with your character and your moves, tied to a choose your own adventurey mechanic within the booklet.

Hopefully this makes enough sense to someone where they remember what I"m talking about.

Oh geez I also hope this is an appropriate forum to be asking this question.

Thanks in advance!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Avri
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The wonderful Lost Worlds series . . .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Pollack
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I remember Lost Worlds. Wow, that was a long time ago.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Cox
Canada
flag msg tools
You guys are awesome!! That's totally it!

I would gather it's difficult to get one's hands on it now?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Avri
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Monkey1ancer wrote:
I would gather it's difficult to get one's hands on it now?

There are dozens of users with copies for trade (some of whom might consider selling outright if approacked nicely.)

Plenty to be had on eBay, too.

Or direct from the publisher!

Welcome to BGG, and enjoy the nostalgia . . .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.