Quantum» Forums » Variants

Subject: 5 players? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just add a set of die and copy a player tile or are there other things to consider?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thiago Aranha
Brazil
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Humm, I think it would work all right. Just create a new map accordingly (it will be trickier not to create some inbalance in the players' starting positions. The game will drag a bit more, but I don't see any breaking points in introducing extra players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arturo Cavari
Italy
Bologna
BO
flag msg tools
Maybe on earth...
badge
...maybe in the future
mbmbmbmbmb
I would LOVE a 5-6 player expansion! The games would be immensely brain-burning though

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hm, hope the game sells well and the initial issues with shoddy dice and some minor card adjustments/entanglement rules don't affect sales to much - then an expansion will probably come (with 5-6 player variants, new space tiles, upgrade cards, etc and some new stuff!).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We have tried to add a fifth player and it works, but we need a better set up. Last time we just took some tiles and started. It worked but is tricky to figure out a balanced set-up.

Has anyone tried or can create a good, symmetric set-up for five players?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jc
msg tools
badmojo wrote:
We have tried to add a fifth player and it works, but we need a better set up. Last time we just took some tiles and started. It worked but is tricky to figure out a balanced set-up.

Has anyone tried or can create a good, symmetric set-up for five players?

give each player their own little map (1-2 tiles) and just play with warp gates that lead to the bigger center galaxy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls