Axis Empires: Totaler Krieg!» Forums » Rules

Subject: Attacking with HQ support rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rasmus
Denmark
Copenhagen N
flag msg tools
I assume that when attacking with HQ support and getting an AD or EX result, you are not allowed to retreat, and instead must take a step loss.

I actually think the rules are quite clear. 4.2.5.2 states that "A force cannot Retreat if it includes an HQ unit (including one
providing Ranged Support) that participated in the combat."
, and 4.2.4.1 states that you retreat or take a step loss, and that "If
Retreat is possible, the attacker chooses which to do."
Since retreat is not possible when attacking with a HQ you cannot choose to retreat, and must take the step loss.

But the reason i ask the question is the design note in 11.3, that says: "To disengage in Mud, attack and try to get Ad and Ex results." I realize that you can get this result if you attack without HQ support, but since it is not mentioned I just wanted to make sure that I got the above right.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Thompson
United States
Homewood
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You have it right. So, yes, to fulfill the example, no HQ could be used.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Fridy
United States
Kent
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, the HQ represents committing the Reserves and local forces to a level that prevents retreating.

As the Russians, you can do all kinds of terrible things to the Germans once you have a lot of HQs late in the War.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Uwe A. Redjac
China
Beijing
Beijing
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Moebius S wrote:
But the reason i ask the question is the design note in 11.3, that says: "To disengage in Mud, attack and try to get Ad and Ex results." I realize that you can get this result if you attack without HQ support, but since it is not mentioned I just wanted to make sure that I got the above right.
That design note is a neat trick ... but it does not work when attacking with an HQ. Makes even sense background wise that Mud messes with HQs more than with other units in that context.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls