Jenny Sayward
United States
Kenmore
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
120-130 points! That's impressive!

JohanCarstensen wrote:
... the strategy to build all farm members ...
Do you mean 6 dwarves or 8 animals per pasture?

JohanCarstensen wrote:
... and also choosed the building that lets me build tile over the edges of the board and the tile that lets me use eather or as and or in any combination.

How soon do you grab these? Have other players figured out your plan & tried to thwart it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Fox
United States
Richardson
Texas
flag msg tools
Question everything
mbmbmbmbmb
I've not scored that high, but the food chamber can be used to run up tons of points. I've gotten 10+ vegetables with 10+ grain by end of game several times, so that is worth 35 points by itself (10 sets = 20 points, 10 veg = 10 points, 10 grain = 5 points). The grain is easy to get, to get the vegetables you'll probably have to trade in rubies to get extra sets.

It also makes expeditions worth a lot, because you can take 2 coins, a vegetable, and a grain which scores you 5.5 points for a 3 expedition action. A sow fields action is worth 8 points assuming you can plant 4 fields (+2 veg, +4 grain).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Barry
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is this for solo game or when playing with others (and if so, how many players)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jenny Sayward
United States
Kenmore
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JohanCarstensen wrote:
I have got about 120-130 points each time I have used the strategy to build all farm members and also choosed the building that lets me build tile over the edges of the board and the tile that lets me use eather or as and or in any combination. Any one else that have a equaly good strategy or better?
I don't see how anyone could get this many points. The Office Room is a nifty source of gold & a little extra space, but creating that space osts so many actions! Creating the max 5 pastures costs 15 actions & a lot of fence wood. Only a few of those actions include a few animals, but planting crops would require another few planting actions (at least 3). If any other players want any of these actions, you cannot max out this plan.

How can this strategy be worth the action cost?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Sperling
Canada
Coquitlam
British Columbia
flag msg tools
Fooled you!
badge
Click to edit.
mbmbmbmbmb
gameteacher wrote:
JohanCarstensen wrote:
I have got about 120-130 points each time I have used the strategy to build all farm members and also choosed the building that lets me build tile over the edges of the board and the tile that lets me use eather or as and or in any combination. Any one else that have a equaly good strategy or better?
I don't see how anyone could get this many points. The Office Room is a nifty source of gold & a little extra space, but creating that space osts so many actions! Creating the max 5 pastures costs 15 actions & a lot of fence wood. Only a few of those actions include a few animals, but planting crops would require another few planting actions (at least 3). If any other players want any of these actions, you cannot max out this plan.

How can this strategy be worth the action cost?

Judicious use of ruby mines and rubies round out the rest of this strategy. If you are adding double-tiles to the edge of your board each turn, not only are you generating points, but you are giving yourself more options to generate points on future turns via furnishings, dwellings, mines, fenced-in pastures, sown fields, etc. The more options you have available to you, the less likely you are to be impeded by another player. The Guest Room plus Office Room combo is very strong and I could easily see it scoring well over 100 points. I first tried it out in a solo game and as I recall scored 109 (with around 30 points in gold).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike S.
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The highest score I've ever seen was 147 by another player. I wasn't paying attention much, but remember he had a giant pile of pumpkins and wheat, and had the building that scored off each pair. He did a lot of exploration and owned a lot of "gold" buildings. As far as I recall, he did NOT have the Guest Room.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls