Popular Tags: [View All]
andy scott
United States
Saint Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I like the idea of yet another way to accidentally fall down into the basement. Our groups usually avoids the basement like the plague. In the first edition, with the misprint, you are suppose to just place it in the Basement and you fall into the lake... but that allows another person to play a tile in the upper floor where you just explored. I made 2 tiles as placeholders called "collapsed room to underground lake".

When flipping over the underground lake card from the upper floor, place it in the basement and put your explorer there as well. On the upper floor, take out this placeholder tile and put it there. Now, this room is effectively a dead end in the upper floor, BUT if someone wanted, they could also fall down into the basement lake. Also put another placeholder tile on the ground floor. This too is a dead end, but fits thematically since you collapse through 2 floors and into the lake. Again if someone wants, a later explorer can fall into the lake to get into the basement.

This hardly changes the game much, BUT I think its fun to have an explorer fall 2 floors into the basement and there be the 2 rooms that they fell through. This differs from the original collapsed floor in that it will always go to the lake tile in the basement, AND you don't take a random point of damage.

This can be modified in a few ways.
1)only use one place holding collapsed floor tile in the Upper floor instead of both the upper and ground.

2)Include a speed roll to see if you take damage

3) Include a speed roll (I'd say something pretty high) to see if you can "grab a hold of something" and only fall 1 floor. Keep basement lake tile out, but do not trigger the effect until someone goes down there.

For those of you that have the 1st edition and want a couple more tiles to be included for theme...

Also included a plain collapsed room placeholder in case you pick the Collapsed room on the Upper floor. Simply place on ground floor...

Pics to follow shortly...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Hughes
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The basement isn't so bad. There's a couple of dangerous rooms, but a lot of items can be found there
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T. Dauphin
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
mb

Nice idea.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy K
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
themanfromsaturn wrote:
The basement isn't so bad. There's a couple of dangerous rooms, but a lot of items can be found there

That's right. You have a better chance of finding a useful item if you explore the basement.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls