Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
15 Posts

Zombicide» Forums » Rules

Subject: Multi-akimbo rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Daniele Passamonti
Italy
Latina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey guys! Ahah
If i'm using "webbing" skill and I have 4 "sawed off" or "claw hammer" , do I use 8/12 dices? XD
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad B
United States
Anderson
California
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
ShadowDast wrote:
Hey guys! Ahah
If i'm using "webbing" skill and I have 4 "sawed off" or "claw hammer" , do I use 8/12 dices? XD


You would use 4 or 6 dice. "If the active Survivor has two identical weapons with the Dual symbol equipped in hand, he can use both weapons at the same time at the cost of a single Combat Action."

Emphasis on two is my own. You could only use two sawed off or two claw hammers at a time.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Executive Bear
United States
Montana
flag msg tools
Wildcard, bitches! Yee-haw!
badge
I'm gonna start dropping F-bombs. Listen to this: Fart you, fart head.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
No you can only use two of the weapons hence dual wielding.

Edit: on a personal note it drives me crazy when dual wielding is referred to as akimbo. Nothing against you OP it's just a pet peeve of mine.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
RiderPestilence wrote:
Edit: on a personal note it drives me crazy when dual wielding is referred to as akimbo

Agreed.

Me thinks some people don't know what akimbo means.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad B
United States
Anderson
California
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Scorpion0x17 wrote:
RiderPestilence wrote:
Edit: on a personal note it drives me crazy when dual wielding is referred to as akimbo

Agreed.

Me thinks some people don't know what akimbo means.


Isn't some weird way of standing with your hands on your hips? I wonder when the term came to describe dual-wielding. I remember first hearing it in that context around the Unreal Tournament era. So...late '90s.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Morgan
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Ranerdar wrote:
Scorpion0x17 wrote:
RiderPestilence wrote:
Edit: on a personal note it drives me crazy when dual wielding is referred to as akimbo

Agreed.

Me thinks some people don't know what akimbo means.


Isn't some weird way of standing with your hands on your hips? I wonder when the term came to describe dual-wielding. I remember first hearing it in that context around the Unreal Tournament era. So...late '90s.


I believe it first appeared in the FPS "Blood" as a power-up called "Guns Akimbo".
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alain Marti
Switzerland
Riedholz
Solothurn
flag msg tools
Super Trooper, I said!
badge
Waaagh
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
... and didn't we have this other thread (called "webbing") only one page down the list, were exactly the same question was asked ... and answered

(ok - I may have come over a little harsh, which was not my intention, but there is a search function)
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Cooper
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Mage Wars: Beastmaster's Pet
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Akimbo is a friend of mine from Africa.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonah Rees
Wales
Cardiff
South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The OP is from Italy, it could be a translation issue. Some slack please guys...
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thibaud Dejardin
France
Ferrère-La-Grande
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
ShadowDast wrote:
Hey guys! Ahah
If i'm using "webbing" skill and I have 4 "sawed off" or "claw hammer" , do I use 8/12 dices? XD

Only two sawed off at a time.
But you can shoot two times before reloading, because you have two pair of them.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonah Rees
Wales
Cardiff
South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Archange227 wrote:
ShadowDast wrote:
Hey guys! Ahah
If i'm using "webbing" skill and I have 4 "sawed off" or "claw hammer" , do I use 8/12 dices? XD

Only two sawed off at a time.
But you can shoot two times before reloading, because you have two pair of them.


Interesting interpretation, although not definite until we get the Webbing question answered. If this is the case would you be able to re-load all four with a single action?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad B
United States
Anderson
California
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
jonahmaul wrote:
Archange227 wrote:
ShadowDast wrote:
Hey guys! Ahah
If i'm using "webbing" skill and I have 4 "sawed off" or "claw hammer" , do I use 8/12 dices? XD

Only two sawed off at a time.
But you can shoot two times before reloading, because you have two pair of them.


Interesting interpretation, although not definite until we get the Webbing question answered. If this is the case would you be able to re-load all four with a single action?


I don't see why the shoot two and then shoot the other two would need clarification. They're a different set of weapons. Shooting one set wouldn't affect the other.

Now the reloading all four with a single action...that is an interesting scenario.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ranerdar wrote:
jonahmaul wrote:
Archange227 wrote:
ShadowDast wrote:
Hey guys! Ahah
If i'm using "webbing" skill and I have 4 "sawed off" or "claw hammer" , do I use 8/12 dices? XD

Only two sawed off at a time.
But you can shoot two times before reloading, because you have two pair of them.


Interesting interpretation, although not definite until we get the Webbing question answered. If this is the case would you be able to re-load all four with a single action?


I don't see why the shoot two and then shoot the other two would need clarification. They're a different set of weapons. Shooting one set wouldn't affect the other.

Now the reloading all four with a single action...that is an interesting scenario.

And sadly I'm not sure this is something GG's answer to my webbing question will cover (because the question was about the katana wackisachi thing).
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonah Rees
Wales
Cardiff
South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ranerdar wrote:
jonahmaul wrote:
Archange227 wrote:
ShadowDast wrote:
Hey guys! Ahah
If i'm using "webbing" skill and I have 4 "sawed off" or "claw hammer" , do I use 8/12 dices? XD

Only two sawed off at a time.
But you can shoot two times before reloading, because you have two pair of them.


Interesting interpretation, although not definite until we get the Webbing question answered. If this is the case would you be able to re-load all four with a single action?


I don't see why the shoot two and then shoot the other two would need clarification. They're a different set of weapons. Shooting one set wouldn't affect the other.

Now the reloading all four with a single action...that is an interesting scenario.


Because of possible conflicting issues with interpretation (see the Webbing thread already started here for more details). I think that shooting two then the other two is probably correct, but the re-load one is interesting!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe fife
United States
charlton
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
jonahmaul wrote:
If this is the case would you be able to re-load all four with a single action?


No, reloading for 1 action is limited to 2 weapons.
page 17, S1 and page 20, S2 rule books:
Quote:
When equipped with two identical Dual weapons that require reloading, a single Action reloads both.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.