Dave
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It requires activation to form a Corps MU. A division MU can merely be formed by an MU marker.

However, some of the cavalry corps in the game are actually division-sized formations consisting of a corps leader commanding a few cavalry brigades. There is no division level command in these corps.

Do these cavalry corps (and other similarly organized commands) form MU as divisions (based on their size and structure) or corps (based on their title)?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
thomas fernbacker
United States
hicksville
New York
flag msg tools
gbacw nut
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
IMO, No, however,
I believe your answer is in the exclusive rules 5.2, 5.2.1 & 5.2.2
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thomas7163 wrote:
IMO, No, however,
I believe your answer is in the exclusive rules 5.2, 5.2.1 & 5.2.2

Unfortunately, it isn't. It states that a cavalry division leader does not need to be activated to form a division-sized MU consisting of his brigade leaders and their brigades.

The question is whether a corps commander whose command is a corps in name only has to be activated by the army leader to form the brigades of his corps into an MU.

I think that you should be able to treat such a unit as a division-sized MU.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terry Doherty
United States
Snohomish
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The Russian Cavalry Corps are the ones that are actually divisions. The Corps is their appellation by the Russians, but they are not as grandiose as that. So by special rules in the game if they have brigade leaders then the brigades may form individual MU or if the brigade leaders are In Command then they may be part of a division size MU formed by the division leader for the low, low price of 1 CP.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TerryD2010 wrote:
The Russian Cavalry Corps are the ones that are actually divisions. The Corps is their appellation by the Russians, but they are not as grandiose as that. So by special rules in the game if they have brigade leaders then the brigades may form individual MU or if the brigade leaders are In Command then they may be part of a division size MU formed by the division leader for the low, low price of 1 CP.

Okay. 5.4.3. I thought I had seen it somewhere. Russian Cav Corps form M
U like divisions.

Thanks guys!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Terry,

Are you going to be attending Consim World Expo this year? I was planning on running a Moscowa full battle game there for some of the listeners from our podcast from Wednesday through Friday. We're all pretty inexperienced but excited about the system.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terry Doherty
United States
Snohomish
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't made any decisions yet on going to the Expo. Looks like there are two La Bat games on the schedule.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
thomas fernbacker
United States
hicksville
New York
flag msg tools
gbacw nut
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm jealous cry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.