GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!

8,669 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
19 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
169 Posts
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [7] | 

Sentinels of the Multiverse» Forums » Variants

Subject: Yoshi's Scum and Villainy (and other stuff) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: Watching [+] [View All]
Benjamin Y.
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
Hi,

Recently I have had a creative spin around SotM bad guys, this thread will track all the different customs and alternate set that I produce along with some reformatting endeavors of various promos.

Alternate Villains:
- Ambuscade: Legendary Trapper
- Citizen Dawn: One among Equals
- Grand Warlord Voss: Fleet Lord Admiral
- Matriarch: Mother of Ravens

Solo Conversion:
- Fright Train
- Vengeful Baron Blade
- Friction
- Ermine
- Proletariat
- Vengeful Five

Team Conversion:
Sentinels of the Multiverse
- Baron Blade {PS}
- Citizen Dawn {PS}
- Grand Warlord Voss {PS}
- Omnitron {PS}

Rook City
- The Matriarch {PS}
- The Operative (The Chairman) {PS}
- Plague Rat {PS}
- Spite {PS}

Infernal Relics
- Akash'Bhuta {PS}
- Apostate {PS}
- The Ennead {PS}
- Gloomweaver {PS}

Shattered Timelines
- The Dreamer {PS}
- La Capitan {PS}
- Kismet {PS}
- Iron Legacy {PS}

Mini-Expansion
- Ambuscade {PS}
- Miss Information {PS}

The Cauldron
- Anathema
- Dendron
- Gray
- Tiamat
- The Ram

{PS} Phantaskippy's Seal of Approval (which means tested and playable)

Custom Villains:
- The Daimyo
Inspired by Leif Heanzo's Geisha, a villain japanese lord protected by his loyal samurai.
- ZMB Virus
A deadly virus villain inspired by Pandemic and Zombicide with a hint of Resident Evil on the flip side.

Support Deck:
Special 20 cards deck that simulate a hero when you need 2nd or 3rd player.
- Freedom Five

Tracking Cards:
Simple cards to track the health of your characters without token roaming around.
- Character HP
- Group Damage Modifier

Official Promos:
- Heroes
- Baron Blade Mad Bomber
- Cosmic Omnitron

Single Cards for Print Orders
- Support Deck
- ZMB Virus
- The Daimyo
- Villain Custom Promo
- Vengeance Villain Solo Conversion
- Official and Cauldron Villain Team Conversion

Ready to Print:
Divider set (52 large cards):
Cauldron dividers, Yoshi's stuff dividers, The Geisha dividers, all villain team conversion (including Cauldron and Yoshi's villain)
Yoshi's Special Set (180 cards):
All yoshi's stuff (ZMB Virus, F5 Support Deck, The Daimyo), The Geisha, all Vengeance single conversion, all team conversion small cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Robben
United States
Spring Hill
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Your customs look incredible. Are villains decks forthcoming? Or can you suggest which existing decks to use so I can playtest?

Seriously beautiful work...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Y.
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
Kalidor wrote:
Your customs look incredible. Are villains decks forthcoming? Or can you suggest which existing decks to use so I can playtest?

Thanks, the ZMB virus has been tested and is working, but you will need some AOE damage dealers.

The Daimyo is brand new and still need a lot of testing, I do not have any decks in mind, but direct damage dealer are probably a good idea.

As for more customs, some ideas are taking shape as we speak. But I am focusing on more alternate.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Graham Dean
United Kingdom
Bedford
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I love these cards. Thanks for sharing.

The Matriarch character cards have a spelling error in the Character name - Matriach instead of Matriarch.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle C
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
Ah eee hah!
badge
YUB NUB!
mbmbmbmbmb
These look awesome! Proofreading note: there's a syntax error on "In the Lab," ZMB deck. It begins "Every heroes have. . ." instead of "All heroes have. . ." or "Each hero has. . ."

Will you be updating this thread with errata as you playtest the alternates?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yoki Erdtman
Sweden
Södertälje
flag msg tools
badge
Handsome devil huh?
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's the correct link to the Matriarch: Mother of Ravens thread. The original post links to The Daimyo instead.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Y.
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
ewokalypse wrote:
Will you be updating this thread with errata as you playtest the alternates?

Yes, I will.

Yokiboy wrote:
Here's the correct link to the Matriarch: Mother of Ravens thread. The original post links to The Daimyo instead.

Thanks! I have updated it.

I have added two addition Fright Train and Vengeful Baron Blade. I will do the all 5 by the end of the week.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dain Lybarger
United States
Arlington Heights
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Love your stuff! I can't wait to try out the Daimyo, and your solo alts for the Vengeful Five.

BTW: Your link above to Vengeful Baron Blade actually sends me to Fright Train.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Y.
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
DainXB wrote:
Love your stuff! I can't wait to try out the Daimyo, and your solo alts for the Vengeful Five.

BTW: Your link above to Vengeful Baron Blade actually sends me to Fright Train.

Thank you, I have updated the link, next is Friction.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Y.
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
Friction is up, next is Ermine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Y.
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
Just added Ermine as a solo and Citizen Dawn as Vengeance style team villain!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Y.
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
Proletariat is up!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mark mcclain
United States
columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When all is said and done will you be putting these up as single card files that can be added to a printerstudio order? I assume yes as you're the guy building the decks for Cualdron topic but just double checking as i have been editing together my own orders..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Y.
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
Yes, of course.

When I get enough feedback from the community, I will make print order.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Sutphen
United States
Edmond
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
lol hurry up on the team version! Lol jk, take your time. Its just right new to order the team villain it would be $14 on printerstudio for one card. It will be more financially viable once you get 10 or so converted.

Keep up the awesome work!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Y.
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
Adding three new Team conversion:
- Grand Warlord Voss
- Omnitron
- The Ennead
- Ambuscade
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Bishop
United States
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mb
I've received but not yet tried Vengeance, so can't comment on the balance of any of your conversions; but simply on principle, major kudos for this! I'm in the camp of slightly-disappointed-to-only-get-one-villain-kinda-depending-on-how-you-look-at-it, and whether or not playing them changes my mind, being able to have more solo AND more team villain options is pretty sweet. Will be looking into these in the future.

Two questions to go with that:
1. (You probably can't answer this yet, but) how are you going about blending the extra cards into these decks? Just having them printed and hoping they'll be close enough? Or do you use opaque sleeves or something?
2. How'd you get the card images? Just a really great scanner, or are they actually available somewhere? (Other than the character cards from Spiff's site.) If no one else has done it by the fall, I'm probably going to try to make standard-sized Vengeance villain cards (not a big fan of oversized), and I hadn't figured out yet how to get some images like card backs, but it seems you have it down pat.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Y.
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
tosx wrote:
I've received but not yet tried Vengeance, so can't comment on the balance of any of your conversions; but simply on principle, major kudos for this! I'm in the camp of slightly-disappointed-to-only-get-one-villain-kinda-depending-on-how-you-look-at-it, and whether or not playing them changes my mind, being able to have more solo AND more team villain options is pretty sweet. Will be looking into these in the future.

Thanks!! I am definitely in the same camp as you.

tosx wrote:
1. (You probably can't answer this yet, but) how are you going about blending the extra cards into these decks? Just having them printed and hoping they'll be close enough? Or do you use opaque sleeves or something?

I am going to print them and make them as close as possible. But with in average 8 out of 25 cards being custom, I finds it is ok. Also, we are not playing poker or magic, so it doesn't really matter to me.

tosx wrote:
2. How'd you get the card images? Just a really great scanner, or are they actually available somewhere? (Other than the character cards from Spiff's site.) If no one else has done it by the fall, I'm probably going to try to make standard-sized Vengeance villain cards (not a big fan of oversized), and I hadn't figured out yet how to get some images like card backs, but it seems you have it down pat.

I have decent scanner 600 dpi and some photoshop magic to remove the print marks. I don't like oversized card either, but they work well with the team game when you have up to 5 heroes and 5 villains on a table. So for me it is oversized for team villain and regular for solo villain.

I was actually going to ask you if I could make alternate of your villains, but if you are going to do them, it is fine by me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manuel Pasi
Switzerland
Zürich
flag msg tools
Ka Mate Ka Mate
badge
Ka Ora Ka Ora
mbmbmbmbmb
Having started to sink my teeth into the Cauldron I am very giddy fpr Yoshi's stuff
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Y.
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
Adding Baron Blade and finishing the base set.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Y.
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
Adding this WE production, 3 more villains:
- Plague Rat
- The Operative
- Miss Information
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Y.
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
Adding:
- Spite
- Iron Legacy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Y.
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
Finishing Rook City by adding:
- The Matriarch

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Gustafson
United States
Camp Hill
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Having just finished my first game of Vengeance last week, I have to say that I love that you are doing “Team Conversions” of the older villains. The new way to play against multiple villains is very different and pretty challenging—dealing with severe different strategies at once. My only “disappointment" was that you only have 6 villains to choose from in this format, because the villains have the special new format. Then I came across your posts. Brilliant! surprise I haven’t had a chance to play any of them yet, but I’m excited to have the flexibility of playing more combinations Vengeance-style. Thanks for the great idea and all the work you’ve put into it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Schexnayder
United States
Pflugerville
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
I have (another) printing/file question: do you host all of the images somewhere (like a Google Drive that you did with the SOTM promos) or would I just save the images from the BGG gallery. I'm specifically asking about the cards in the V5 decks that need to be added since they are not separated in the image upload in the gallery. Thanks in advance for answering questions based on my ignorance and thanks for taking the time to do these conversions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [7] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.