6 Posts

Star Trek: Starship Tactical Combat Simulator» Forums » Variants

Subject: NX-01 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
mad hopper
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does anyone know what firing chart is used for weapons on NX-01?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Beckler
United States
Unspecified
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've never seen a "FASA authoritative" source for the NX-01, but if you'd like a best guess, I would put the NX-01's beam weapons around Firing Chart D or E.

I'm basing that guess on the old Federation Ship Recognition Manual. In that book, they list several Federation ships whose armaments pre-date the phaser/photon torpedo era. According to that source, the original Constitution class (probably 20 years prior to The Original Series) carried Laser Cannons (beams) and Accelerator Cannons (missiles), both weapon types used Firing Chart H. Since the NX-01 pre-dates that class by another 50 years or so, I'd push the firing charts back to the D & E range.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mad hopper
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks. Do you know other any other rules versions on line other than "STAR TREK STARSHIP COMBAT SIMULATOR Admirals’ Edition"? These rules don't even discuss how to use plasma torpedoes, I believe in these rules they are fired like photon torpedoes..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Beckler
United States
Unspecified
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Not off hand... I confess I wasn't aware of the Admiral's Edition. I've always played my first edition board game, circa 1985. I wasn't aware of the Admiral's Edition, but I just took a look. It's very, very different from the 80's era versions of ST: STCS. It's very much a hybrid of ST: STSC and Star Fleet Battles - I'm assuming it's a home-brewed rule system and not affiliated with either FASA or Task Force Games, the original publishers of the 2 products.

Glancing around the net, I did find this site that appears to have a computerized version of the original:
http://ststcs.slightlysilly.com/

But to answer your question, no FASA version I've played had special rules for plasmas torpedoes. Pay a lot to arm them, roll to hit, apply damage immediately. They don't follow ships or are weakened by phaser hits... those ARE features in the Star Fleet Battles rulesets though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mad hopper
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I found a website that has the original rules. (Xon - FASA's  Starship Tactical Combat Simulator)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Plymale
United States
Huddleston
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't get the site that Dan listed to work. On the FASA: ST:STCS Yahoo group there was a sheet for the NX-1 posted just recently.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls