United States
DFW Area
Texas
flag msg tools
I Design Broken Token Game Inserts
badge
I Design Broken Token Game Inserts
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think the two cards work together, but I want to check. Can you play Blessing of Desna to add two dice to Cure? Is the 1d4+1 to recharge cards a check?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Buetow
United States
McHenry
Illinois
flag msg tools
Combat Commander Archivist
badge
Move! Advance! Fire! Rout! Recover! Artillery Denied! Artillery Request! Command Confusion...say what?!
mbmbmbmbmb
treebeardtheent wrote:
I don't think the two cards work together, but I want to check. Can you play Blessing of Desna to add two dice to Cure? Is the 1d4+1 to recharge cards a check?

No, it is not a check.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wulf Corbett
Scotland
Shotts
Lanarkshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
treebeardtheent wrote:
Do you Recharge them? I thought you shuffled them in. Either way, it's not a check.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kim Williams
United Kingdom
St Just
Cornwall
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
treebeardtheent wrote:

Sadly, no it's not a check.

( I know you were answered below but I couldn't resist the urge to unite our usernames...)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D P
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wulf Corbett wrote:
treebeardtheent wrote:
Do you Recharge them? I thought you shuffled them in. Either way, it's not a check.
You shuffle the discard pile then take 1d4+1 cards from it and recharge them to the bottom of your hero deck. That may be the shuffle you were thinking of.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Buetow
United States
McHenry
Illinois
flag msg tools
Combat Commander Archivist
badge
Move! Advance! Fire! Rout! Recover! Artillery Denied! Artillery Request! Command Confusion...say what?!
mbmbmbmbmb
firedale2002 wrote:
Wulf Corbett wrote:
treebeardtheent wrote:
You shuffle the discard pile then take 1d4+1 cards from it and recharge them to the bottom of your hero deck. That may be the shuffle you were thinking of.

Pretty sure you shuffle them into your deck, just like Kyra's power.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig S.
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Malacandra wrote:
firedale2002 wrote:
Wulf Corbett wrote:
treebeardtheent wrote:

Pretty sure you shuffle them into your deck, just like Kyra's power.

Yes. You shuffle them into your deck. You don't recharge them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Banana Pants
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Yummy
mbmbmbmbmb
Can you use Blessing of Desna to add to your Force Missile roll? (Divine + 2D6 I believe).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig S.
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
phantasmag wrote:
Can you use Blessing of Desna to add to your Force Missile roll? (Divine + 2D6 I believe).

You can use any blessing to add ONE die to any check. If you are talking about two dice, then no. A combat check is not a check to recharge a spell. You need Blessing of Pharasma to add two dice to any check during which a spell is played.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Warner
United States
Middletown
Delaware
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
phantasmag wrote:
Desna adds 2 dice to the check to recharge the card, not to the check from playing the card. Pharasma adds 2 dice to check from playing a spell.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Malcolm Howell
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
firedale2002 wrote:
I think it may be Father Zantus that you were thinking of

I find I have to read the various cure abilities carefully every time to make sure I'm doing them right...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Banana Pants
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Yummy
mbmbmbmbmb
csouth154 wrote:
phantasmag wrote:

You can use any blessing to add ONE die to any check. If you are talking about two dice, then no. A combat check is not a check to recharge a spell. You need Blessing of Pharasma to add two dice to any check during which a spell is played.

Oops, I got Desna and Pharasma confused.

So, just to be clear, I can use Pharasma to add 2 dice to a Force Missile roll, but not to a Heal roll of D4+1?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Warner
United States
Middletown
Delaware
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
phantasmag wrote:
csouth154 wrote:
phantasmag wrote:

Oops, I got Desna and Pharasma confused.

So, just to be clear, I can use Pharasma to add 2 dice to a Force Missile roll, but not to a Heal roll of D4+1?

Correct. Force Missile instructs you to make a combat check, with check being the operative word. Cure instructs you to roll 1d4 and add 1 to it to determine a number of cards and never uses the word check related to that action.

A check will always have a specified difficulty target. Force Missle's combat check has a difficulty of what ever bane you are encountering. Cure's power does not have a difficulty target.

You can use Pharasma's 2 dice power on any check where a spell was played, so if you are making a combat check with a weapon and someone plays Aid, that combat check is now a check on which a spell was played so Pharasma would add 2 dice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Banana Pants
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Yummy
mbmbmbmbmb