Popular Tags: [View All]
Kevin
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Currently playing a 3-player game with promo Spite and there are some concerns:
1. Can you catch on the Drug count short of playing Omnitron-X or just getting lucky with the Victim draws from the villain deck?

2. How are Drugs placed during setup? The character card seems a little unclear on this. Yes, we are removing all 5 Drugs from the deck but are they placed in a row and played in order, or simply placed in a deck and the top card just gets revealed?

3. When a Drug is flipped is that Drug randomly chosen or played in a set pre-determined order?

We have played 3 turns and we are getting wrecked so I was looking for some hopefully balance. Any other helpful advice or comments are welcome!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lynk Fox
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Answers aren't really available, however the 'Intent' i believe is:

1) Not really. Lucky villain draws, OmniX, and anything that plays the top card of the villain deck (Rook City).

2/3) I just put them in a line. The intent is a random line of flipping. You could put them in a seperate deck and put one in play each turn if you wanted. (though they /are/ in play and upsidedown cards have no text, so you can Into the Stratesphere them if you want then have some way to shuffle his deck to bury them)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Berry
United States
Ellicott City
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mb
lynkfox wrote:
(though they /are/ in play and upsidedown cards have no text, so you can Into the Stratesphere them if you want then have some way to shuffle his deck to bury them)

Actually, Into the Stratosphere doesn't work on indestructible cards, so that won't work. Enhanced Edition changed the wording the on card to specify that, I believe.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dylan Thurston
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Magatone wrote:
lynkfox wrote:
(though they /are/ in play and upsidedown cards have no text, so you can Into the Stratesphere them if you want then have some way to shuffle his deck to bury them)

Actually, Into the Stratosphere doesn't work on indestructible cards, so that won't work. Enhanced Edition changed the wording the on card to specify that, I believe.
It was clarified somewhere that these Drugs are not Indestructible while upside-down.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Berry
United States
Ellicott City
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mb
I missed that one - thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Booth
United States
California
flag msg tools
It was confirmed by Christopher on the forums that when upside down, they have no text so they're not indestructible. However, all you'd be doing with Into the Stratosphere is putting it back on top of the deck so it'll be played next anyway, so you're not really buying yourself much. And if you decide to destroy an upside down card, it'll just go to the trash face-up, and once it's face-up again, the text comes back into play too so you'd just put it back into play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mitko Simidchiev
Bulgaria
Sofia
flag msg tools
Check out our Bulgarian board games site BigBoxGamers.com
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As to the underlying question of his OPness, I have beaten him twice (with 3 heroes), one of those times on Advanced. The trick really is to get around his Ongoing/Equipment bounce effect and reduce the damage he deals. Once you do that, he is a kitten. As a side note ... there is never ANY reason to flip this Spite. Ever. His front side is manageable and I am not sure why you would even consider getting enough victims to flip him - that will only increase his damage and make him go for the lower HP heroes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Ericson
msg tools
I conquered Gloom Spite first time last night (in Tomb of Anubis... not that it really mattered once he started destroying environment cards)

4 hero team (in order):
Tachyon
Scholar
Mr Fixer
Tempest

I got lucky on draws, and was able to lock down spite's damage with tachyon, scholar, and fixer, and got into a fun cycle of Don't Dismiss Anything and From the Depths. The ongoing equipment bounce actually was beneficial, because I had Goggles and Pushing The Limits that just kept getting played again every turn.

I may try him on hard mode, but overall I'm not enthralled with Spite. The game just seems really rote and lazy when he's got all 5 drugs in play and flips.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.