Subject: Would Call of Cthulhu RPG miniatures be a useful addon? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kirk Bauer
United States
Smyrna
Georgia
flag msg tools
Colored baggies for your games, www.boardgamestorage.com.
badge
Colored baggies for your games, www.boardgamestorage.com.
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't played AH as much as some people. I just noticed this Kickstarter and wondered which miniatures would be neat to use with AH in addition to the existing ones from Fantasy Flight. There are a few Old Ones and a few things that might make a good start player marker. Are there things in some of the Heralds, GOOs, etc, where these would add any ambiance?

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/941525798/rafm-call-of-...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John "Omega" Williams
United States
Kentwood
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I have some of the old CoC minis and they are really fine.

I believe someone is even still making them.

As for what viable. Hard to say. I assume the sizes are still 25mm?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freelance Police
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The new miniatures are "28mm heroic", but that matters only for the humans, imo. The current Classic catalog are 25mm, but the kids and elderly folk should fit with the new humans, and RAFM has a Monsters-only pledge.

Review of the mini's from the IndieGoGo campaign: http://theminiaturespage.com/boards/msg.mv?id=335511

Anyway, at the Module level:

Character Miniatures: Usable as Cultists, Witches, Ghost, Warlock, custom Investigators.

Nyarlathotep Mask: Thing in the Fog usable as Ghost.

Classic Monsters: Shoggoth, Servitor, Dimensional Shamblers, Moon Beasts, Yithian, Cthonian, Ghouls.

New: Star Vampire, Dimensional Being, two Hybrids, Mr. Shiny as Maniac. Father Dagon usable as First Player token.

More Classic: Mi-Go, Deep Ones, Ghoul Warlock, Hound of Tindalos, Ghast.

Summoning Stones: 3 Summoning Stones usable as Doom track token, Terror token, Elder Signs, etc.

Pure bling: Heralds and GOOs don't appear on the board, but should be amusing to *plonk* on the table during the Final Battle. Heralds: Father Dagon, Mother Hydra (Innsmouth expansion). GOOs: Generic Goo as Azathoh, Yog-Sothoth, and other blobs.

If you have Eldritch Horror:

Epic Monsters: Wind Walker, Shub-Niggurath.

Monsters as tokens: Paint four monsters green (eg. deep ones and a hybrid) to indicate green gates. Same for red and blue gates. Or use them as Mystery, Rumor, etc. markers.

Here's a Mansions of Madness monster base used to hold a Gate. Its color on the back side can be indicated by the blue servitor monster, or you can use the base to place the monster:

Anyone else have any ideas? Under $500 CAD to unlock Shub-Niggurath! Only 17 hours to go!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Vinyard
United States
Las Cruces
NM
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I started a geeklist to discuss which games might benefit from RAFM's Kickstarter:

Call of Cthulhu miniatures: Games that would benefit from the RAFM Kickstarter

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls