Popular Tags: [View All]
J H
United States
Chesterfield
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Help me pick my next game purchase from Feld.

- I really like Amerigo but someone in my game group already owns it so I don't want a duplicate.

- I think The Castles of Burgundy is just an ok game. Lots of people in my meetup own this as well.

- The jury is still out on Bruges for me. I was not a huge fan of the randomness of the cards in my only game played. This one is also available to play in my game group.

- I am looking for something that plays well as a 2 player game but can scale up to 4.

- Solo play would be a huge bonus.

What game should be on my list?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Monroe
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
havox wrote:
I really like Amerigo but someone in my game group already owns it so I don't want a duplicate.

I think I have most of Feld's game (other than Bruges and some of the 3+ player ones).

Haven't played all them but if you want heavy look at Bora Bora. If you want mid-weight look at Notre Dame or Macao. Light would be Roma/Arena Roma (2P only though) or Rum & Pirates. Very Light would be It Happens

I think you would enjoy ND & Macao

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Norman Hedden
United States
Greenville
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Notre Dame
Macao
In the Year of the Dragon
Bora Bora

These are the games you are looking for.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Kruger
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bora Bora plays well with 3 or 4; I haven't yet played a two player. I love this game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Sonnenberg
United States
Waukesha
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't played them all but really like Feld too.

We like Macao much better than Notre Dame. We also like the point salad that is Trajan.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zigi Hogan
United States
The Ozarks
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
What's it going to be then, eh?
mbmbmbmbmb

The only Feld game I have seen that really made me do a double take and want to try/buy it is Trajan. It looks like a new take on Agricola but I may be wrong about that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Jurney
United States
Tooele
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Zigihogan wrote:

The only Feld game I have seen that really made me do a double take and want to try/buy it is Trajan. It looks like a new take on Agricola but I may be wrong about that.

+1 to Trajan, but its nothing like Agricola
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathue Faulkner
United States
Austin
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
+1 Macao

Trajan is good (and nothing like Agricola...at all), but I really don't think it has quite the replayability of some of Feld's other games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David B
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bora Bora was a big improvement over Trajan IMO. Lots and lots of bits though.

I still say Rialto is grossly underrated. You can play with 2 the same as the regular rules. But dealing a face up dummy hand at the beginning of each round adds quite a bit of a challenge. It is not really the same as a dummy player as you may have seen before. It is more of just a third hand of cards you and your opponent must compete with in addition to each other. If you are a fan of the once around auction mechanic, you should give it a shot.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Challis
United Kingdom
Hungerford
West Berkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bora Bora or Macao.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Kunes
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm going to say Trajan, followed by Macao and then Rialto which is very different than other Felds I've played. I didn't care for it as a 2p, but it is nice with more. I feel Macao and Trajan, like Bruges, reveal their genius with experience thus rewarding those with multiple plays.

meeple Keep playing...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.