Frankie
United States
chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello all,

I am still very happy with this system and have purchased many of the WW2 items still in print.

1. I had a delta team running across a street when opportunity fire caused them to become shaken. Do they stop moving immediately as per the core rules, or can they continue on as per the module rules which state Delta teams can move while shaken?

2. I had a Delta team make an assault move. When they arrived at their destination they were shaken by opportunity fire. When they return fire with the -2 assault move modifier, do I take their firepower to -1 or is zero as low as firepower can be reduced?

Thanks for your patience and answers...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stéphane Tanguay
Canada
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. They can still move
2. It is unclear if they have Assault-move capacity while they are shaken butyes, you would roll a d6-1. The fact is, their FP is not reduced by the assault move modifier, it is modified. They still have 1 FP

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frankie
United States
chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the quick response, I realize I wasn't specific enough on question 2 so I edited it for clarity (hopefully).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stéphane Tanguay
Canada
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As I was saying, FP is still 1 here, you just get a -2 modifier on your die roll so that would be a 1d6 + 1 FP -2 assault move = 1d6-1

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Fiveangels wrote:
Hello all,

I am still very happy with this system and have purchased many of the WW2 items still in print.

1. I had a delta team running across a street when opportunity fire caused them to become shaken. Do they stop moving immediately as per the core rules, or can they continue on as per the module rules which state Delta teams can move while shaken?

2. I had a Delta team make an assault move. When they arrived at their destination they were shaken by opportunity fire. When they return fire with the -2 assault move modifier, do I take their firepower to -1 or is zero as low as firepower can be reduced?

Thanks for your patience and answers...

1) Delta Teams can move while Shaken (in fact, ALL units can move while Shaken). Additionally, the module rules say Shaken Delta teams can move towards enemy units, and can fire and melee. Per the core rules, all units stop when they take casualties or become Shaken, when hit by Opportunity Fire. The module rules do not specifically change this. So, Delta Teams must stop when they are Shaken by Opportunity Fire. That would include an already Shaken Delta Team, too.

2) It does not appear the Shaken side of the Delta team's counter specifically shows the red block icon that means Assault Move. In the absence of evidence to the contrary, Shaken Delta Teams cannot Assault Move.

I offer this astute analysis because almost invariably when I do, somebody comes along with obscure FAQ, or the designer and/or his designated official answer guy chime in and contradict me. But, at least that too resolves the issue.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stéphane Tanguay
Canada
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Mark, allow me to make your last sentence becomes true :-)

1) The module rules mention that they CANNNOT move toward an ennemy unit in their LOS. That being said, the fact that same rules specifically mention that they can still move when shaken means that they are not stopped by the shaking attack. If not, then why bother mentionnin this because, as you said, every shaken units can move but are stopped by the shacking attack.

2) It is not possible to show the red block icon that means assault movement against the red line for self-rallying unit sou you can't tell if the red icon is there or not. But your interpretation of the rules (don't imagine something if you can see it) is also valide. See, i did not contradicted every thing you said :-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls