Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeffrey McNally
Canada
Grand Bay-Westfield
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So what is the rational for collisions from behind. It seems to me to have a car stop behind or beside me it make sense to see if they collide but what the stationary car. This "body damage" which can not be repaired seems to just serve to randomly eliminate players. For example tonight by the end or third turn i have rolled body about 8 times and twice hit 1. so a few turns later out again from behind. how is this a game mechanic?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trueflight Silverwing
United States
Waverly
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A car can only take so much damage before it doesn't work anymore. Race cars are even more fragile. The more damage you take, the less aerodynamic your car is and eventually you are out of the race. The chance is pretty low, but always present when two or more cars are driving close together. the 1 in 20 chance that you take some damage from misjudging the distance between you and another car by an inch or two always made sense to me. It is part of racing. Try to keep as much distance as possible between you and the other racers and it wont be much of a problem.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mavis
England
A Fine City
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
halin wrote:
This "body damage" which can not be repaired seems to just serve to randomly eliminate players.
To offset this we use the Pit Stop repair rule in the Advanced Rules.

halin wrote:
For example tonight by the end or third turn i have rolled body about 8 times and twice hit 1. so a few turns later out again from behind. how is this a game mechanic?

Collisions are always my downfall. Last week rolled for Collsions four times by third corner and three 1's came up and I crashed out.shake We always race two spare cars (Team Blue) so that if someone is knocked out they can pick up and race one of the 'spares'.

Ender02 wrote:
.....It is part of racing. Try to keep as much distance as possible between you and the other racers and it wont be much of a problem.
Sometimes, although often there are other overriding factors, such as do I avoid the collisions or do I actually make the corner. Also you have no control over everyone else's driving. Deliberately 'parking' next to a damaged car and forcing forcing a player who has a damaged car to roll a Collision is a valid and oft used tactic in our group.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls