Popular Tags: [View All]
Walter Hearne
United States
Ashburn
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm having a hard time seeing the point of the Korean Conflict table under rule 11.5. The event itself requires you to remove 1 air and 1 fleet unit to the Asia box, and also provides an unfavorable +2 DRM if the Far East War event (11.8) subsequently occurs. However, the outcomes listed on the table don't seem to have any effect whatsoever.

I also don't like the rule for the Far East War. If this occurs, you roll and have a 50% chance of losing the whole game immediately. While you do get a -1 DRM for each US unit in the Asia holding box, I don't like the fact that this can bring the game to such an abrupt end with no warning. I think there's two possible easy ways to change this:

1. When you roll the Far East War event, you get a "strategic warning" by placing the marker one turn space ahead. This gives you a chance to shift units as needed. You roll for the war's outcome at the beginning of the next Random Events phase.

2. At setup, additionally place any two US units in the Asia holding box (for historical fidelity, use the 3rd Marines and the 2nd Mechanized). This represents the fact that Korea and Asia have long had "permanent" stationed units. You can move these during the course of the game, but you would do so at your own peril of forfeiting the -2 DRM.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.