Subject: Cesar Question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Max M
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So on a turn that Cesar gains his 4th Threat Level counter and is stunned, if the attack pair used his Unstoppable style, could Cesar still move from the card's printed effect?

This came up in a recent game. I, playing Cesar, felt like the effect would not be triggered because of being stunned, but my opponent thought otherwise.

My gut says Cesar cannot move when he is stunned, but I want a more definitive answer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Santos
Philippines
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Passive effects (such as Unstoppable's movement in reaction to opponents) ALWAYS happen, regardless of whether or not Cesar is stunned.

Also note that SoB and EoB effects still trigger when stunned.

When stunned, you skip ONLY the following things:

Before Activating effects
Hitting your opponent
On Hit effects
On Damage effects
After Activating effects

As such, you can play a Burst on a Threat Level 4 beat to still dodge out of the way. You can also play Suppression on a Threat Level 4 Beat to adjust positioning.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sascha Parsa
Germany
flag msg tools
It's better
badge
if you can do without
mbmbmb
Actually when stunned you only skip your activation (the step where all the effects listed by Marco happen). If you get stunned during your activation (possible in certain edge cases) you follow through with your whole activation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Santos
Philippines
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Phyr's answer is the more complete one.

The way it is, the games checks whether you are stunned or not during a phase BEFORE Activation. Getting stunned after the check won't matter for whether you activate or not.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls