Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeff Wright
United States
Grovetown
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there going to be any kind of organized play with prize support like wizkids is good at doing for their games like attack wing?

It would really keep the excitement going and bring in more players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Duke
United States
Wynne
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I am planning on demoing at MidSouth Con in Memphis in March but don't know about "support" yet. Ares is struggling with the fact they are pretty much sold out of everything right now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duke
United States
Georgetown
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There should be some demos throughout the year at various conventions like Gen Con and Origins, perhaps, in addition to smaller regional cons like Kevin mentioned. I've got a couple planned but both are in Texas.

I will certainly be throwing a few demos at BGG Con but that's all the way in November.

Ares has been tremendous in providing support and mementos to the events I've run.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Ganshaw
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just hope that the next print run is larger. It will be difficult to maintain interest, if the product keeps going out of stock. It takes a little wind out of your sails, if you run a demo, get people interested, but have to tell them they cannot buy the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Montgomery
United States
Joliet
Illinois
flag msg tools
Dear Geek: Please insert the wittiest comment you can think of in this text pop-up. Then times it by seven.
badge
The Coat of Arms of Clan Montgomery - Scotland. Yes, that's a woman with the head of a savage in her hand, and an anchor. No clue what it means, but it's cool.
mbmbmbmbmb
Banor58 wrote:
It takes a little wind out of your sails, if you run a demo, get people interested, but have to tell them they cannot buy the game.

I see what you did there. ;-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Boyle
United States
Delaware
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
There are several games scheduled for Cold Wars in Lancaster PA March 6-8, including mine on Thursday night. Like the starter set it is sold out in prereg!!

Eric

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duke
United States
Georgetown
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Banor58 wrote:
I just hope that the next print run is larger. It will be difficult to maintain interest, if the product keeps going out of stock. It takes a little wind out of your sails, if you run a demo, get people interested, but have to tell them they cannot buy the game.

Chris, if I was a betting man, I'd say the next series will be larger.
When you think about the bold step Ares took outside of the Kickstarter support to see if there was a market for Sails, and the capital they had to invest, I can see the logic behind maybe a smaller initial sortie into the market.

I fully expect my wallet to be drained in the months ahead with more good stuff, much like my Wings of Glory hanger. And delightful questions from my wife about 'why did you get more ships?' "oh, honey, these are DIFFERENT ships (or planes)." "

"by the say, love, how many pairs of shoes do you need?" Dont go there!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mayor Jim
United States
Fort Wright
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
Vote Often!
mbmbmbmbmb
sduke wrote:

"by the say, love, how many pairs of shoes do you need?" Dont go there!

Lol!...good one...I'll have to remember that...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.