Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Cobb
United States
Conway
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
On the 3rd mission my love affair with Ambush! has come to a jarring halt. I've been playing for hours, lost 3 men, the tank has blown (literally) through town and exited off the map, I've only seen three Germans and they are just hanging around the bridge doing nothing after checking it for explosives (which was after the tank had already crossed it) Is there an end to this mission? Is there a point to this mission?

I'm still in Condition 2 with no end in sight and no direction or objectives. I've got 1 man still alive in town and the other 5 off in west podunk where the tank activated. I've been pretty strict about reading the paragraphs so I don't think I've missed anything although anything is possible.

Help?angry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raoul Schaupp
Germany
Karlsbad
Baden-W├╝rttemberg
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
mbmbmbmbmb
I think there was an event, which let you check if you have an active soldier with an radio. If you do, than you get the information to win this mission. But if the German already check the bridge, I would say you lost the mission and can leave the map.
Me happens a similar thing in this mission, because I don't read in the mission description, that I receive a free radio and therefore I missed that event, too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Becker
United States
Florissant
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
Part savage, part savant, with a dash of satanic seasoning
mbmbmbmb
StaggerLee wrote:
I think there was an event, which let you check if you have an active soldier with an radio. If you do, than you get the information to win this mission. But if the German already check the bridge, I would say you lost the mission and can leave the map.
Me happens a similar thing in this mission, because I don't read in the mission description, that I receive a free radio and therefore I missed that event, too.
That makes sense. The errata at http://flyhi.de/games/ambush2.html has
Quote:
Mission 3: Your Squad (Addition) Buy all new equipment, and receive a free radio.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raoul Schaupp
Germany
Karlsbad
Baden-W├╝rttemberg
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
mbmbmbmbmb
mrb88 wrote:
That makes sense. The errata at http://flyhi.de/games/ambush2.html has
Quote:
Mission 3: Your Squad (Addition) Buy all new equipment, and receive a free radio.

I have the second edition with the errata included and missed to read this sentence. shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Cobb
United States
Conway
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I read the errata and have the radio but apparently never hit the random event that gives you the end condition. I guess I will exfil my troops and call it quits.

Thanks for the replies!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls