Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Goldfinger
Canada
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We've only played a few games and already Seasons has become a family favourite. But, awkward and frustrating scoring track has go to go. Looking for ideas.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kārlis Jēriņš
Latvia
Riga
flag msg tools
I'm a sheep.
badge
A lovely, fluffy sheep.
mbmbmbmbmb
You could replace it with some kind of VP tokens.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan Brunell
Canada
Bromont
Quebec
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
I know some players don't like it, more you play more it's easy to use. I played Seasons a lot and I use the scoring track without thinking about it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben O'Steen
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We find the board awkward to use and easy to jog which is why we've shifted to using Multicoloured 'aquarium crystals'. It also satisfies us thematically, as when a card effect tells you to gain crystals, you get to gain 'real' crystals

As you can see from the thread I linked to that the score board issue is divisive but we like to play it this way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George I.
Switzerland
Zürich
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Check the Decimal Crystal Track.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MC Crispy
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I prefer a track - I can see exactly where everyone is. But I do wish that it was laid out better! A. Lot. Better.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Franklin
United States
Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
mb
I ordered these Crystalline Counters in several different colors to keep track of score. I like using them way better than the score track... especially when there are cards effects that take crystals away from others to add to your own pool.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Goldfinger
Canada
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
thechuckfrank wrote:
I ordered these Crystalline Counters in several different colors to keep track of score. I like using them way better than the score track... especially when there are cards effects that take crystals away from others to add to your own pool.

Very nice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Goldfinger
Canada
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
[q="benosteen"]We find the board awkward to use and easy to jog which is why we've shifted to using Multicoloured 'aquarium crystals'. It also satisfies us thematically, as when a card effect tells you to gain crystals, you get to gain 'real' crystals

As you can see from the thread I linked to that the score board issue is divisive but we like to play it this way. [/q

Good idea.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Des Lee
Australia
Quakers Hill
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Theme be damned. I play using poker chips. Easy to count, stack and move between players.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Goldfinger
Canada
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you to those of you who suggested crystals for keeping score. Here is what we ended up getting. Theme friendly and it only cost $4.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shelby Buttimer
United States
Lawrence
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We use those same crystals for scoring. It really helps when you play those cards that mean you owe other people (or people owe you) crystals. SO. MUCH. EASIER.

We've also started using crystals for our summoning gages. Take a crystal from the bag when you increase your summoning gage, keep it on your board if you're not using it, place it on a card when you summon it. Put it back on your board if you sacrifice the card. Easier to keep track of your summoning when you get more than 6 or 7 cards and no chance of that stupid little cube being knocked off the board by an errant die roll.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls