Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
16 Posts

Alien Frontiers» Forums » General

Subject: When will Game Salute be releasing this game to the general public? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brendan Levi
Australia
flag msg tools
I order this at my game, they are waiting on Game Salute to release it so they can order in some stock. Anyone know when Game Salute will opening Alien Frontiers to public purchase?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Executive Bear
United States
Montana
flag msg tools
WHERE IS JA?!
badge
Help me Ja Rule
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know what their policy as far as backers receiving their games first is. But I can tell you as of Jan 18 the games were on the boat and headed for the US. Typically I think it's about a months time to complete the journey and clear customs (unless the container gets held up at customs, which obviously will increase the time). Then maybe a week or two to actually receive the games at their facility. So lets, for the sake of argument and optimistically say the week of March 3rd. Backers will start to receive their games at that time and as I said already I don't really know if Game Salutes KS policy is backers first or not but I would say around first or second week of April maybe.

This is all purely speculation though, I could be way off.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff Hall
United Kingdom
Yate
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Given that neither recent kickstarter was for Alien Frontiers 4th printing (they were for rocket dice and the promo pack/new faction packs respectively, you could just add a 4th printing edition of AF to your order) I imagine that they'll release it to everyone at about the same time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Speicher
United States
Potomac Falls
VIRGINIA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks like ks backers are going to have games being sent to them next week. So id guess itd be soon after that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hann_Boe
United States
South FL
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
brendanlevi wrote:
I order this at my game, they are waiting on Game Salute to release it so they can order in some stock. Anyone know when Game Salute will opening Alien Frontiers to public purchase?

i believe that you can pre-order AF from the GameSalute website.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Edelen
United States
Mount Orab
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As of Friday, Feb. 7, neither ACD nor Alliance were showing this as available for preorder. If this were on the boat here as of mid-January, you would think that both of these two huge distributors would have further info, since they usually have things available for preorder 2-3 months in advance of release.

I think we may be waiting even longer. Given that I just got the bad news on Wok Star's minimum six-month delay, which I called, I'm feeling pessimistic on AF, as it and WS (also Game Salute) are the only two games in my purchase list right now.

shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Starling Games
United States
Londonderry
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, we're expecting the game to arrive in port this week (hopefully today!). Once backers have their copies sent out, we'll then make the game available for public purchase. If you'd like to be amongst the first to get your copy of AF4, head on over to shop.gamesalute.com and pre-order!

Michael
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Edelen
United States
Mount Orab
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Game Salute wrote:
Yes, we're expecting the game to arrive in port this week (hopefully today!). Once backers have their copies sent out, we'll then make the game available for public purchase. If you'd like to be amongst the first to get your copy of AF4, head on over to shop.gamesalute.com and pre-order!

Michael

That's nice to know. Thanks, Michael. Why the long delay?

Are you not planning to distribute AF through FLGSs? I was hoping to order a copy through my local store as a means of support.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cory Yates
United States
Pekin
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does the preorder come with the new cards from kickstarter?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grady
United States
Oak Ridge
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Game Salute wrote:

Michael

Have the backer copies been sent out yet? Just curious
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Executive Bear
United States
Montana
flag msg tools
WHERE IS JA?!
badge
Help me Ja Rule
mbmbmbmbmb
cgsaunde wrote:
Game Salute wrote:

Michael

No, they are still waiting to take delivery of the games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Edelen
United States
Mount Orab
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cgsaunde wrote:
Game Salute wrote:

Michael

Don't know about the backers, but the new edition finally showed up in ACD Distribution's pre-order list. I had my FLGS owner order it two weeks ago.

That said, it did not show in Alliance Distribution's pre-order list at that time. Anyone know if this has changed?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
edelen wrote:
Don't know about the backers, but the new edition finally showed up in ACD Distribution's pre-order list. I had my FLGS owner order it two weeks ago.

That said, it did not show in Alliance Distribution's pre-order list at that time. Anyone know if this has changed?

what was the price? it seems as if it can be pre-ordered on gamesalute.com for $60

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Edelen
United States
Mount Orab
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
abe18 wrote:
edelen wrote:

what was the price? it seems as if it can be pre-ordered on gamesalute.com for $60

My FLGS's owner quoted me $49.99.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Taylor
United States
Somerset
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My non-Kickstarter preorder from Gamesalute shipped today. I only ordered it back in February.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hann_Boe
United States
South FL
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
spunXtain wrote:
My non-Kickstarter preorder from Gamesalute shipped today. I only ordered it back in February.

Mine shipped today as well (preordered in December)...very excited!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls