Recommend
2 
 Thumb up
 Hide
8 Posts

Star Trek: Attack Wing» Forums » Strategy

Subject: Dominion OP5 Build rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
. .

California
msg tools
Avatar
I went to an OP5 event this past weekend and went 3-0. I played against Federation, Klingon, and Romulans. Figured I might as well share my list since the Dominion can use all the help they can get, and I did once write a rather lengthy, bitchy post on the Dominion.

5th Wing Patrol Ship
Independent Flagship that gives BS
Gul Evek
Tetryon Emissions
Hikaru Sulu
Dorsal Weapons Array
Forward Weapons Grid

Koranak
Gul Dukat
Captured Intelligence
Dorsal Weapons Array
Boheeka
Tetryon Emissions
Antiproton Scan

Strike Force

I first thought of this build because I wanted to use Gul Evek and get him on a ship with 3 agility. Thought the Patrol Ship might be too fragile but it's not. I would have used a Breen ship if they had BS. Last minute change to add Sulu is what pushed this over the edge.

Build's pretty easy to play. Start off in one corner with Evek closer to the OWPs and Dukat on the outside. Move up close to OWPs, blow up two OWPs, Evade and Sulu with Evek. Use Tetryon Emissions when you're in range of opponent.

Evek's ship is going to be pretty hard to kill. Dukat's is somewhat hard to kill on that initial volley. It's not a big deal if Dukat dies because he'll take out a ship or severely weaken it before he does.

I actually build this without Admiral's Orders in mind. Strike Force makes it that much better but it can work without it.

Let me know if anyone has any questions. I might use this in another OP5 build, but I'm not sure. Not sure if I'm bored with the build or that Admiral's Orders will be legal.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Benhart
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been really impressed by Evek on any high-agility or cloaking ship. There are only a few ways to modify defense dice and Evek combos great with Sulu.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Hensel
United States
Kyle
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Deusface wrote:
...
Koranak
Gul Dukat
Captured Intelligence
Dorsal Weapons Array
Boheeka
Tetryon Emissions
Antiproton Scan

...
I used this exact same ship/captain/upgrades combination for one of my two ships to win OP4 last month. It works extremely well.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
. .

California
msg tools
Avatar
davedujour wrote:
I've been really impressed by Evek on any high-agility or cloaking ship. There are only a few ways to modify defense dice and Evek combos great with Sulu.

My only problem with Evek is you have to combo him with something else unlike Worf.

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
. .

California
msg tools
Avatar
Mr_Tricorder wrote:
Deusface wrote:
...
Koranak
Gul Dukat
Captured Intelligence
Dorsal Weapons Array
Boheeka
Tetryon Emissions
Antiproton Scan

...
I used this exact same ship/captain/upgrades combination for one of my two ships to win OP4 last month. It works extremely well.

I've tried other builds but that seems to be the best one when it comes to the Koranak and Dukat. Depending on what in trying to do I may squeeze on another Dorsal.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Benhart
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Deusface wrote:
davedujour wrote:
I've been really impressed by Evek on any high-agility or cloaking ship. There are only a few ways to modify defense dice and Evek combos great with Sulu.

My only problem with Evek is you have to combo him with something else unlike Worf.


If most ships only had 1-2 attack then Worf would the offensive Evek. Even on a 1 Agility ship Evek is good. He's just much better the more defense dice you get...just like any other card that lets you reroll "all your X dice" (blanks, battlestations, all dice).
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
. .

California
msg tools
Avatar
davedujour wrote:


If most ships only had 1-2 attack then Worf would the offensive Evek. Even on a 1 Agility ship Evek is good. He's just much better the more defense dice you get...just like any other card that lets you reroll "all your X dice" (blanks, battlestations, all dice).

I disagree with this. If I have no way to boost him and his ship only has one agility, I'd much rather take Gul Danar.

While I think rerolling blanks is good, I think it's that plus battlestations that makes Evek a beast.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Masters
United States
New Mexico
flag msg tools
My OP5 fleet was similar to this, I built it around maximizing actions


Koranak
Sar
Tetryon Emissions
EM Pulse
Breen Aide
Photon Torpedoes
Indepedent Flagship (ability gives a free action to another ship, and Kornak attack 6 dice!)

Gora Protas
Gul Dukat
Boheeka
Forward Weapons Grid
Photon Torpedo
Enhanced Forward Weapons
Energy Dissipator

Strike Force

If I keep the ships together, each ship got 3 actions a round. It was pretty nice, and with the Koranak having a 6 attack and 5 hull and 4 shields it was pretty impressive (hulled a Valdore in 1 round of firing).

Salcor

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls