Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
chris99 chris99
msg tools
mbmbmb
Do the NVA commitment points allocated to raise the VC Draft:
1) HAVE to come from pre-allocated Trail commitment
2) CAN come from pre-allocated Trail commitment
3) CAN NOT come from pre-allocated Trail commitment (Trail commitment is for Supply only!)

I have always played it #1; but reading the rules I think it might be #3. Any opinions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Knight
United States
Westerly
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hi Chris,

My understanding has been that the NVA commitment that will be spent on Recruits does NOT have to be pre-designated, and therefore does NOT have to come from the pre-allocated Trail Commitment.

We spend NVA commitment for Recruits "on the fly" as it is needed to meet the personnel requirements to produce the VC units.

In terms of Question #2, I don't know. I would play that the NLF player could choose to have some of the pre-allocated trail commitment be diverted from Trail Supply to Recruits. That's how I would make the judgement.

Randy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Evans
United States
Berlin
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Randy and I talked it over and we are leaning towards no on #2. My own opinion is that points committed to supply cannot be used for other purposes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt Chambers

Arizona
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I agree with Randy and Mark. Pre-allocated committment is used only for VC supplies. Committment for raising the draft level is spent on-the-fly along with all other NLF expenditures.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Petri P
Finland
flag msg tools
test
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I read this so that the promise for committed supplies (on the previous turn) must be used for supplies from this turn's available commitment. Overriding any other commitment use, if there is not enough for some reason.

Meanwhile the commitment for draft is paid at the moment it is needed, from the current turn's commitment.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Knight
United States
Westerly
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Petri,

I agree with your understanding. You must fulfill the amount of supplies you designated for trail and sea supply first. Then buy NVA and recruits etc for whatever remains to be spent.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls