Fief: France 1429» Forums » General

Subject: FieF vs City of Horror rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Manuel Silvanox
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, I´m a bit indecisive, is Fief better than CoH as fun- backstabbing game.

Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Duke
United States
Wynne
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They look very different.

CoH is just about 'survival.' You aren't trying to build up an empire and augment your powers in competing against other players in various ways. You just want to out-live them.

Reminds me of a joke.

Two guys are walking through the woods. They turn a corner and see a hungry looking bear advancing on them.

The first guy turns to run.

The second guy says, "No, don't run! There is no way you can outrun that bear!"

First guy says, "I don't have to outrun the bear. I just have to outrun YOU!"

With Fief, you will be the head of a noble family, trying to advance each members of your family in land and titles, coordinating the advantages of church and state, working for money (to get more titles) and finally competing to be the most powerful ruler in the land. There can be marriages, annulments (always a source of mirth), deaths... good harvest years, famines, plagues... building armies and succeeding with them, or seeing the dice betray you.

Lots of complexity and player interaction there. Plus 19 free stretch goals that will be sold later--in limited quantities-- for what the whole game costs now.

Or, you could just make sure you outrun your friend so the zombies don't get you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Ottawa
Ontario
msg tools
I have not played Fief, but City of Horror is amazing. I'll own both in a few months.

I don't think you would be disappointed if you owned both games. It's okay to own multiple negotiation games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ze Masqued Cucumber
France
flag msg tools
Protze et Chniaque !
badge
C'est le Gomazio à crête mordorée, dont le cri annonce le soir...
mbmbmbmbmb
I played both. I confirm that these games have very few in common. But both are good, in their own way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manuel Silvanox
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you all, I think Fief is gonna be my next game
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.