Popular Tags: [View All]
Wayne Walker
United States
Chuluota
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Where do you store the flat single hex Ogres? Is there a "right" place? I have looked in the gallery and I can't see where people are putting it.

Since we are on the subject. Is there a reason (practical, historic, nostalgic or otherwise) that we have different shaped counters for these (hex and rectangular)? It seems kind of odd.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Ellis
United States
Concord
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been storing them with the single hex terrain.

As for the shape, it is because the Black Rose counter sheets share the same cutting die as the NAC sheets, so those hex shapes needed to be filled with something. The NAC sheets used them for terrain, but the Kickstarter backers for the Black Rose (who sold off the naming rights to the units on the sheets) had a lot of demand for Ogre naming rights, so they provided more Ogres to basically double the number of named Ogres they could sell off.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wayne Walker
United States
Chuluota
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the background. That makes sense.

I am torn between putting them with the single hex terrain and tossing them in one of the many empty bins I have in the top section (since I have the retail version).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will H.
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There's no wrong way to store an Ogre.

No... wait. That's Reece's Peanut Butter cups.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
wolf90 (Drew)
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
StormCrow42 wrote:
As for the shape, it is because the Black Rose counter sheets share the same cutting die as the NAC sheets, so those hex shapes needed to be filled with something. The NAC sheets used them for terrain, but the Kickstarter backers for the Black Rose (who sold off the naming rights to the units on the sheets) had a lot of demand for Ogre naming rights, so they provided more Ogres to basically double the number of named Ogres they could sell off.

Which, it has been pointed out, can be trimmed to almost the exact same shape as the rectangular Ogre Mark I's, should you so desire.

D.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls